Redline is in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Losiho:

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

I have to ask...does Canadian Oil sell tires?

Probably. They are Canadians, after all
lol.gif
cheers.gif

Ouch!
patriot.gif
canada.gif
cheers.gif
 -

quote:

Originally posted by nascarnation:

quote:

Originally posted by Quick_lude:
The engine definitely sounds smoother and seems to rev up a bit more freely, all the way to the 8300rpm redline.

Where's the 0-60, 1/4 mile, or G-Tech comparison numbers?

Umm.. because I don't have any?
tongue.gif

Yeah, I got the Redline at CT when it was on sale, for $10.27/L or something like that.. bought all they had, 11 quarts.
smile.gif

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by nascarnation:

quote:

The engine definitely sounds smoother and seems to rev up a bit more freely, all the way to the 8300rpm redline.

Where's the 0-60, 1/4 mile, or G-Tech comparison numbers?

Umm.. because I don't have any?
tongue.gif

In God we trust
all others bring data.............

No insult intended.
I just have difficult time on this board where so many folks will nitpick to death ppm numbers of oil analysis but make subjective statements about vehicle performance with no data to back it up.

I understand but it would be really hard to quantify engine "smoothness, sound and revability". Although as you pointed out, theoretically such changes should improve acceleration times a little.. alas, I have never been to a 1/4 mile strip with this car and I'm not sure if I ever will.. yuck/yawn. Sorry Pat.
tongue.gif

One thing I can say is I got some amazing fuel economy on a recent highway trip with Redline 10w-40 as compared with Mobil1 10w-30 I was running previously. I didnt expect that, I thought it would have gotten worse for sure. I'm impressed with that for sure, the engine doesnt feel sluggish at all. I thought it was sluggish feeling with Castrol GC 0w-30 though. Purely subjective info.

J.

quote:

One thing I can say is I got some amazing fuel economy on a recent highway trip with Redline 10w-40

Redline probably has the lowest friction of any oil out their which is why many see improved mpg and a few more HP.

Congrats on your new S2000! I surely would love to have a ride in one sometime!

I suggest that you change the oil before winter storage.

What are you going to do with the tires over the winter? I read somewhere that there will be some benefit if you take the load off of them for extended storage. My Civic tires (rather cheap Firestones) get flat spots when parked for 18 hours!

Best Wishes as you motor along!

SWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back