Redline Gear Oil or Motul 300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been running Redline 75w-90 for about 30K in my 2006 Tacoma. I am torn between it and Motul 300 gear oil. Not sure if I should stick with RL or give the Motul a go. Ideas?

Would you do this just for fun? Or do you have a reason for doing it?

I mean, you can't get much better than Redline, so I'm not sure what you hope to gain. Besides, that Redline is just gettin' broke in at 30k
grin2.gif

Coin toss.
I'm a firm believer in 30k intervals with 'ends or gearboxes regardless of how exotic the fluid is.

I like to try new things once and a while. I run Redline in everything else. RL makes a great gear oil and I have used it for years. Motul is said to be of the same quality.

I knew Amsoil SVG was going to be brought up!
crackmeup2.gif
Sorry Im only lookin at Group V gear oils.

One more thing, my TRD has the push button locker in the rear so Im thinkin if I go with the RL 75w-90 it will have to be NS ( without the friction modifier.

It doesn't have to be NS, but it could be.

I use the Redline 75w90 in lockers, LSD's, and open diffs.
I use the Redline 75w90NS in manuals, LSD's that I want to tailor the lsd additive dosage to, open diffs, and lockers.

Neo, Maxima, Kem-O-Pro are also group V based. I believe that Synlube and Torco are too.

For what it's worth, I'm running Motul Gear 300 in my Forester 5mt, and rear diff. 20k miles so far and shifts great, and that says something for the subie 5mt!

Thanks for the suggestions. I just ordered a gallon of Redline 75w-90. Im still curious about the Motul gear 300 and will most likely try it out in the suburban. I have used their brake fluids for years. The quality is hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back