Redline Fuel Cleaner

Anyone use this fuel cleaner ?
This is my first try
Thanks for any comments 👍

Attachments

• 5DC8B0FD-7FF3-4555-B374-F34C6F4FC936.jpeg
    5DC8B0FD-7FF3-4555-B374-F34C6F4FC936.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 44
Very good system cleaner, for the first use use about 1/2 oz per gallon capacity eg 10oz in a 20 gal tank and 1 oz per 5 gal after that in every tank to keep things clean.
I have tried this dosage on injectors that had gone 30K after cleaning, they showed no measurable loss in flow or change in spray pattern. Good real world results.

I have used it for a couple of years now in all our cars. It made a noticeable improvement in idle quality (smooth idle) in our Honda K24.

Very good system cleaner, for the first use use about 1/2 oz per gallon capacity eg 10oz in a 20 gal tank and 1 oz per 5 gal after that in every tank to keep things clean.
I have tried this dosage on injectors that had gone 30K after cleaning, they showed no measurable loss in flow or change in spray pattern. Good real world results.

If you need this every tank of gas, there is something wrong with your gas or your vehicle. Am I wrong in feeling that way? I can understand someone saying it's good quality product and reasonable preventative maintenance for a treatment every oil change. But every tank seems over the top to me.

If you need this every tank of gas, there is something wrong with your gas or your vehicle. Am I wrong in feeling that way? I can understand someone saying it's good quality product and reasonable preventative maintenance for a treatment every oil change. But every tank seems over the top to me.
I’d have to agree
I’m just wanting a good cleaner for a once or twice a year cleaning
Don’t need it all the time

I only use top tier gasoline
So I’m only looking for peace of mind !👍

Doing the math....a vehicle getting 24mpg or even 30mpg driven 20k a year for 200k miles and using a fuel injection cleaner (not brand specific for the comment) adds up to some serious coin over the life of the vehicle.

Yeap

Adds up to big money over time

I’m only looking at $22 bucks for a years worth of cleaning
That want break the bank for sure !👍

Even at 1oz for 10 gallons is better than none, yes there can be issues with fuel quality if its not top tier fuel, you didnt mention that in your original post.
Continued use is based more on running the cheaper fuels.

I used it once maybe 4 years ago. Honestly, I had good results with it just like I do with Techron.
I used the whole bottle in one tank. I’ve read that they changed the concentration in the last few years. I think the older version the bottle used to treat 100 gallons or something.

I used it once maybe 4 years ago. Honestly, I had good results with it just like I do with Techron.
I used the whole bottle in one tank. I’ve read that they changed the concentration in the last few years. I think the older version the bottle used to treat 100 gallons or something.
Cost per oz for Redline is pretty much the same as any off the shelf stuff at any retail store

I use top tier gas, but only 87 octane. I have the B trip set to automatically reset at each fill, and use the total miles of B divided by MPG to figure out how many gallons the fill up will require. I multiply that by 4.45 to figure out how many mL of Red-Line SL-1 to add. Measure out that amount in a plastic 100 mL graduated cylinder and add that before each fill up. ( The bottle use to say that the proper treatment dose for continuous use was 4.45 mL per gallon. )

Red-Line SL-1 is not only a cleaner with a lot of P.E.A. but it is an upper cylinder lube that reduces cylinder friction and therefore improves MPG. Some say the improvement in MPGs pays for the product. I do not know if that is true, but if it keeps the injectors clean, and lubes the expensive high pressure fuel pump, then in the long run it may pay for the cost of using it, and also keeps the vehicle more reliable.

I store the graduated cylinder upside-down because the residue pulls moisture out of the air and creates a little fluid that collects in the multiple used plastic grocery bags. I discard the innermost bag each fill.

Also, I use disposable gloves. That stuff gets on you hands if you do not wear gloves.

I used to use it until I started using the Top Tier gas from Costco. It did make a difference as I recall.

Anyone use this fuel cleaner ?
This is my first try
Thanks for any comments 👍
This is one of the best/stronger fuel system cleaners on the retail market. This has been around quite some time; searches here will pull up numerous discussions concerning the efficiency, financial equity/effectiveness of its use. There are also 2 basic schools on its use; use 1 bottle in a fresh fill-up before an oil change (concerns about oil contam/carbon wash through), or, use a maintenance dose with every fill-up. I use SI-1, and have for many years. I personally have tried both over the last 25 years. If you track every tank of gas you put into your vehicle, you can see your own trends, and then make the decision for the corrective action that you feel works best for you. Gasoline is different all over the country; traffic patterns vary, driving styles vary, so there is no holy grail answer that covers all vehicles and/or drivers. Top tier gas use is helpful, but its not the holy grail; just licensed to "Meet A Higher Detergency Standard" I'm from the school that short-trip, stop and go driving builds carbon and injector degradation faster than mostly highway/expressway type driving. Freeway speeds move large amounts of air and fuel through an engine for a longer period of time, coupled with somewhat prolonged stable operating temperatures. My wife commutes long distances for her job, so the bottle of SI-1 in the tank of fuel prior to an oil change seems to work best on the Honda's we've owned. I only drive interstate periodically so the maintenance dose seems to work for me. The only way to get empirical data with used cars is to use 2 identical cars and powertrains, send the injectors out and have them professionally cleaned, filter baskets replaced, and flow tested. Then track every fill-up along with driving styles over a period of a year or two; that data will only apply to those vehicles with those drivers though...but you get where I'm going. If you are still reading, thanks for hanging in there, been a little windy on this one. Over the life of vehicle ownership, we aren't talking about a lot of money if you amortize it. The short version :), it's your vehicle and your money, do what works for you.

Ya. Every 15-20k miles followed by a bottle of Berrymans B12.

They released a version with a thinner neck which will push back any flap located in the fuel filler neck. Or you could buy a funnel if needed.

Ya. Every 15-20k miles followed by a bottle of Berrymans B12.

They released a version with a thinner neck which will push back any flap located in the fuel filler neck. Or you could buy a funnel if needed.

Good advice. I didn't realize this until it was too late.

I tried to add it at Costco gas behind a big lineup and realized I could only add 20ml at a time because my bmw had the flap.

If I took out the bottle, it would spill on the paint so I just stood there while it poured as slow as molasses...

Wasn't my proudest moment

This is one of the best/stronger fuel system cleaners on the retail market. This has been around quite some time; searches here will pull up numerous discussions concerning the efficiency, financial equity/effectiveness of its use. There are also 2 basic schools on its use; use 1 bottle in a fresh fill-up before an oil change (concerns about oil contam/carbon wash through), or, use a maintenance dose with every fill-up. I use SI-1, and have for many years. I personally have tried both over the last 25 years. If you track every tank of gas you put into your vehicle, you can see your own trends, and then make the decision for the corrective action that you feel works best for you. Gasoline is different all over the country; traffic patterns vary, driving styles vary, so there is no holy grail answer that covers all vehicles and/or drivers. Top tier gas use is helpful, but its not the holy grail; just licensed to "Meet A Higher Detergency Standard" I'm from the school that short-trip, stop and go driving builds carbon and injector degradation faster than mostly highway/expressway type driving. Freeway speeds move large amounts of air and fuel through an engine for a longer period of time, coupled with somewhat prolonged stable operating temperatures. My wife commutes long distances for her job, so the bottle of SI-1 in the tank of fuel prior to an oil change seems to work best on the Honda's we've owned. I only drive interstate periodically so the maintenance dose seems to work for me. The only way to get empirical data with used cars is to use 2 identical cars and powertrains, send the injectors out and have them professionally cleaned, filter baskets replaced, and flow tested. Then track every fill-up along with driving styles over a period of a year or two; that data will only apply to those vehicles with those drivers though...but you get where I'm going. If you are still reading, thanks for hanging in there, been a little windy on this one. Over the life of vehicle ownership, we aren't talking about a lot of money if you amortize it. The short version :), it's your vehicle and your money, do what works for you.
I totally understand what your saying. Thanks for your feed back, I appreciate it !

Good advice. I didn't realize this until it was too late.

I tried to add it at Costco gas behind a big lineup and realized I could only add 20ml at a time because my bmw had the flap.

If I took out the bottle, it would spill on the paint so I just stood there while it poured as slow as molasses...

Wasn't my proudest moment
ROFL... Being a BMW owner I had the exact same experience as you at a Costco no less. I however did manage to score the new bottle while it was in development. (Thanks Redline)

Back