redline distributor - or should I buy schaeffer's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Hi,

What happened to that potential sponsor who is a redline distributor?
The link used to show up a lot, but I havent seen it lately, and need redline diff oil.

Unless someone can convince me that schaeffers is superior
smile.gif
Then Ill buy that to try and quiet down my BMW's diff...

JMH

[ July 17, 2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: JHZR2 ]

quote:

Honestly, Redline might be the best oil out there and on paper it is, but I havn't seen why yet. Schaeffer's has shown more promissing results then Redline. I think for your $, Schaeffer's is better, but for high end performance applications, Redline would be more suited for you.

And there is only one way to find out which is better for you it's called UOA.
grin.gif
grin.gif
gr_stretch.gif

[ July 17, 2003, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

quote:

Originally posted by JHZR2:
Hi,

What happened to that potential sponsor who is a redline distributor?
The link used to show up a lot, but I havent seen it lately, and need redline diff oil.

smile.gif
Then Ill buy that to try and quiet down my BMW's diff...

JMH

I'm new at this so forgive the odd post. Not sure about Redline because I haven't put it on the Timken machine. I would test it first to see how it holds up. I tested Mobil 1 against Schaeffer's 20W-50 racing oil and it couldn't compete. Another thought. Does Redline offer Tech Data sheets and MSDS on line to the general public? Schaeffer's does. So compare Tech Data. On another personal note. I put Schaeffer's gear oil in my truck's Rear End and stopped an extremely irritating howl at 75mph.

And there is only one way to find out which is better for you it's called UOA.

Yes, I agree for motor oil... But tons of peoples' results of redline quieting down BMW diffs (that arent necessarily bad, just noisy) makes me think that redline will be good stuff for that...

However, hearing that the schaeffers quieted down the truck diff makes me inclined to go with that... Ill probably pay half too, compared to redline...

JMH

[ July 17, 2003, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: JHZR2 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back