Redline Diesel Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used it. Couldn't ever tell if it did anything positive or not. Almost certainly didn't hurt anything.

I'd never pay the $8/bottle Pep Girls seems to want for it, but the 20+ bottles I picked up several years ago for 25¢ each on closeout from Advance are definitely worth it.
56.gif

I've used it for years, along with howe's and powerservice in the winter. Redline makes good stuff and I'm a big fan of their products, but I got better results in my 5.9 with the fleetguard additive during the winter. This winter was mild so I had no gelling to worry about here, but I tried the redline winterized stuff and the fleetguard addy, and I had noticeably less smoke and diesel odor on cold starts in the morning with the fleetguard. All of those additives make a difference on my lie-o-meter so I'm gonna keep using 'em. I'll stick with the redline stuff in the warm months, but I'm staying with the fleetguard for the winter-that includes the truck, the genny, and the snowblower, all of those being diesel powered.

Last edited:
Thanks for your posts. I used it in my 5.9 Cummins, and seems to be good. Never used Fleetguard, so may have to try it.

Seems overpriced based upon what it is. If you have a DPF I would want to know that running it will not be a problem. As with most additives it's all about volume pricing. Case in point I'm trying to find a case (24 pk) of Lubro Moly Super Diesel Additive. Powerservice is a well known product but it has "Slickdiesel® which I think is PTFE Slick50® and I don't know what that'll do to my SCR or DPF

Originally Posted By: M. Davis
Thanks for your posts. I used it in my 5.9 Cummins, and seems to be good. Never used Fleetguard, so may have to try it.
I can't remember exactly, but Fleetguard is either a Cummins owned division or an OEM suggested additive for antigel. Either way, you should be good to go with the stuff as far as your injection system goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back