Redline and low speed pre ignition

Thats why I say design....some models issues, some dont. Are the euros as heavy as , say the caddys that were having issues? I would think some of these heavy cars are under boost most of the time by design, to make them "feel" like the v6 they are replacing.
When I say small engine, I say 0.8ltr, 1.0ltr. 2.0ltr in 97% of the world is considered fairly large engine and should not have any issues.
And yes they are heavy. BMW 5 series, 3 series, MB E class, etc. None of those have LSPI issue and probably packing more weight than Caddy.

Could be that that engine has an issue. Premium gas?
I would go with Euro oils available in Wal mart.
93 octane. Always either top tier or ethanol
free depending on whether I fill up near work
or near home or on the road elsewhere

It seems LSPI is only an issue here is the US. Does anyone have any idea if the LSPI prone engines here in the US have any reports of LSPI while being operated in other countries? It seems to me that this phenomenon was more than likely induced by our previous motor oil standards and the use of 87 octane fuel. Both of which have different standards and ratings compared to the US.

It seems LSPI is only an issue here is the US. Does anyone have any idea if the LSPI prone engines here in the US have any reports of LSPI while being operated in other countries? It seems to me that this phenomenon was more than likely induced by our previous motor oil standards and the use of 87 octane fuel. Both of which have different standards and ratings compared to the US.
Some had. VW 1.4 Turbo/compressor engine was notorious for LSPI.

you have to consider that it takes time for the news to travel from Europe to US. Getting on the boat, surviving the ocean, sharks, etc.

Back