Redline 85plus vs. RL-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Just after some advice on the above two additives.

I have a company credit card to purchase fuel for my diesel Volvo. I'm limited to cheaper supermarket diesel only. I currently use Millers Oils Diesel Ecomax which I don't think you have in the US to bump up the cetane and hopefully keep things in good working order.

It costs me around £11 for 500ml which treats 500litres at 1000:1. You can run it at 500:1 for an extra kick. I fill up with around 1/4 a tank remaining and the car takes 45-50litres. I therefore put 50ml in each tank meaning it costs me around £1.10 a tank.

Millers Ecomax Diesel is basically 2-EHN and a carrier. I've had a look at buying raw 2-EHN but it doesn't work out any cheaper than buying the Millers Ecomax Diesel.

Redline 85 Plus - £13.14 (12oz bottle)
355ml (12oz) treats 378.5litres (100 gallons).
Which again, as the millers is approximately 1000:1 or 1ml per litre.
I'd get roughly 7 tanks out of the Redline 85.
£1.88 per tank.

Redline RL-2 - £13.58 (15oz bottle)
443ml (15oz) treats 378.5litres (100 gallons)
RL-2 has to be run slightly stronger at 1.2ml per litre.
60ml per tank means I'd get 7 tanks out of Redline RL-2.
£1.94 per tank.

All very affordable, but wondering if it's worth spending the extra money? Anyone on here use either of the Redline additives and have an opinion?

I own a 2017 Ram w/ 6.7L CTD.

I mainly add 6oz Schaeffers SoyShield @ every fill up.

I have & continue to add RL 85Plus when I find it on special/sale (Mainly from eBay).
Due to the Extremely High reputation of the Company Itself.
Can I tell any difference?
Honestly No! But my 6.7L is new.

Is this product necessary? & Possibly a total waste of $$$?
Possibly- but millions of Fine Folks throw $$$ away every second of every day on Cigarettes/Drugs/Snuff/Alcohol & to me that is 10X more of a waste & Totally not Necessary!
So that argument to me is totally ridiculously stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back