Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackstone report
5250 miles
oil was in use 9 months
mobil 1 oil filter
K&N FIPK air filtration
LC used at 2 ozs per quart initial dose, and 1-3 ozs per 1k miles
Molakules FP/nuetra/outlaw brew used every tank at 1oz to 5gal (twice mola's recommendation)
Truck is driven very very hard, lots of drag racing

aluminum 7
chrome 1
iron 23
copper 5
lead 13
tin 2
moly 376
nickel 1
manganese 15
silver 0
titanium 0
potassium 0
boron 7
silicon 17
sodium 25
calcium 2312
magnesium 17
phosphorus 986
zinc 1240
barium 0

TBN 3.2
flash 430
sus visc@210 65.1
fuel 0
water 0
antifreeze 0
insolubles 0.5

All comments welcome.

Well, the lead's up there a bit, but not wildly so. Unfortunately, from your info, there are three possible reasons (maybe more) for this: 1) the odd behavior of Redline itself (at least as compared with other commonly sampled oils) and/or 2) the fact that the vehicle is driven hard. Does the vehicle's history offer any clues (i.e. higher lead with other oil, for example, or maybe low lead with Redline, but no dragging)? 3) Maybe the slightly high silicon is grinding at the bearings, generating the lead.

Also, just over 5k miles in nine months is relatively low usage, which makes me wonder about possible build up of "passive" contamination in the oil. Some folks think Redline takes up water easily. Maybe it does, and maybe it did here, but if it did, with your residual TBN, it does not seem to have done much harm.

Finally, with a K&N air filter and silicon climbing some, I wonder if you're at or near the threshold where the presence of the K&N becomes more of a liability than an asset.

Thanks for posting.
cheers.gif

Considering how hard the driving conditions were, I'd say this is a ok report. Not sure how much the fuel additives effected the results/Pb wear though.

The hard driving probably account for the lead and the TBN. This report is decent considering the way you drove the truck.
grin.gif

I agree completely with ekpolk. The high iron suggests the silicon/ is the problem and RedLine seems to give (for whatever reason) higher leads. But with the fashpoint where it is is. Something right is going on
smile.gif
I think the K&N could be somewhat of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back