Redline 5W-40 & Mobil1 0W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, everyone.

First a comment, then a question:
1) I love this site, which is very informative!
2) Where can one acquire the oils listed in the Subject line?

Regarding the Redline, I've seen people post used oil analyses; I'm just really curious where they obtain the oil in the first place. And, hopefully, it's somewhere that sells it for a decent price.

As for the Mobile1 0W-40, my understanding was that it could generally only be found at the German Import dealerships, e.g., Porsche and BMW.

Currently, I'm running Amsoil Series 2K 0W-30, with which I've been very pleased so far. (Can't wait to post my used oil analysis on this board!) Anyway, I'm beginning to look ahead for my Spring and Summer oil choice. At this point, I'm leaning toward running either Amsoil Series 3K HDD 5W-30 or, if I can find it, Redline 5W-40.

My application? '02 Subaru WRX which is going to be receiving some big-time performance mods, e.g., beefed up turbo, injectors, etc., in the next several months.

Thanks,
Jeff
patriot.gif

Quote:
"However there are places that sell the other grades for more that $2 less than that.:

You can't post those places but ou could certainly place them in my PM box if you were inclined to as in PLEASE tell me those sites!

Thanks

I have not purchased from here:

edit-Sorry Al, In fairness to our sponsors I had to delete the non sponsor link.

[ December 19, 2002, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

I sent an e-mail to one of the Red Line dealers I have bought from in the past but got no response.
frown.gif

They, as one of the absolute best brands available in north America, really should be represented here. I guess it's just a matter of reaching out to the right dealer.
dunno.gif

--- Bror Jace

I sent an email to the Redline dealer I buy from and they were more than happy to sell to people on this forum for $6.30/qt in $75 minimum orders. Shipping is extra at $10/cs for me because I'm across the country.

It's too bad I can't give you the company's name and the dealer code you need to get this decent offer but, forum rules are forum rules, and are not meant to be broken.

However, Walmart has a special on some stuff in a green bottle for $.69/qt.

You can email me if you want the details.

Disclaimer: I don't sell or represent any oil product of any kind. Currently I use Redline, Mobil 1 and Pennzoil.

Wow! You're lucky that your local Autozone carries the Mobile1 0W-40. I haven't spotted it at ours yet.

I've checked out both Redline's and SummitRacing's Web sites to no avail.
frown.gif

Red Line 5w40 is only available at very few dealers since it is so new. I have seen it at one on the web but it was $8.99. Can't post link, but you should be able to find it fairly easy by searching web. However there are places that sell the other grades for more that $2 less than that. You can also get the newest grades directly from Red Line. I don't know their prices.
M1 0w40 should be at AutoZone.
Honestly I don't know why they made a 5w40. The only advatage would be power because of the small amount of VII. I suspect the only reason they came out with it is because a lot of new cars are recommending 5w40 and customers sometimes believe they have to use exactly what the manual says. I'd personally prefer 10w40 or 10w30. If your oil temps are not very high I think you could actually use the 10w30. Red Line behaves and protects more like one grade higher. I.e. 10w30 is more like a 40wt. 10w40 more like 50wt. I personally believe even RL 10w30 will have more protection that M1 0w40.

Satterfi, how about approaching them to sponsor the forum? They would more than make up their sponsor fees in increased sales here, as there is a lot of interest in Redline products. Then it's a win win, they get sales, we get sponsorship.

Exactly scatterfi, they should be a sponsor here.

It can't be that much money (admittedly, I never looked into it) and he'd most likely get a handful of orders in the first couple of weeks.

I really am surprised no one has stepped up to date.
confused.gif

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Satterfi, how about approaching them to sponsor the forum? They would more than make up their sponsor fees in increased sales here, as there is a lot of interest in Redline products. Then it's a win win, they get sales, we get sponsorship.

Satterfli is just a member. You are a Administrator. Maybe you could approach them ?
smile.gif

The more the Merrier I say!

I use the RedLine gear oil but not the engine oil but I have to be honest, there are only two companies so far that impress me with honesty in advertising and trying to come across as providing a good product at a resonable or even unreasonable price. Those two are RedLine and Schaeffers. All the others, major or specialty, are so full of BS marketing hype it does make one ill!

I use the Amsoil engine oil but everything else about this company gives me Diarrhea!

quote:

Originally posted by Pops:

quote:

Satterfli is just a member. You are a Administrator. Maybe you could approach them ?
smile.gif

True, but they have dealt with him in the past and told him that they would offer us deals, so I figured it was easier for them to go through him. Besides, I'm way up here in Canada so it's harder for me to co-ordinate stuff with US vendors because of the long distance rates, etc. And I'm not a good salesman either, that's why I never got into the business of selling things.
smile.gif

quote:

I’m surprised that not a single person has emailed me asking where you can get RL for $6.30/qt.

Perhaps the dealer I do business with is smarter than me and knows what most people really want in a motor oil. Not much, just keep it from blowing up in my face and ruining my trip to the soccer field.

oh well, I don't sell the stuff so it's no big deal to me

satterfi, Don't be too disappointed in our seeming lack of interest in your source. I know I'm really set for oil for the next 2-3 months and I also have multiple sources for Red Line .... and I know that one offers a comparable deal.
dunno.gif

Besides, a lot of us would like to see a knowledgeable Red Line rep become a sponsor here ... as well as participate in the general discussion.
grin.gif

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back