Redline 10w-40-Motorcycle Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
((moly 511 redline additive))

Need more moly? works pretty good though .

Your not happy with 4 ,000 intervals and want to go to 6. is the goal to extend the oil till it fails?

sometimes , your get stuff like fuel dilution and that can really contaminate your oil. I had that happen on a 2,ooo mile dump one time, it scared me quite a bit and the smell about knocked me out. But that was only 1 time. Point being allow your change intervals to have some insurance for things like that, so an error doesn't create unwarranted wear in the struggle to see how far the oil can go.IMO

"Point being allow your change intervals to have some insurance for things like that..."

I see your point. It's the same one as the "cheap insurance" argument for 3k miles on a car. Nothing wrong with that. I just want premium oil to give me what I paid for.

I’d change tires every 800 miles if minimizing risk were required. Dang things barely last 2k miles. I should buy a Hardley Ableson and save money.

I just sold my Red 98 VTR with 25k miles all on Red Line 10w-40. Lots of track days and canyons in Southern California. The clutch was never a problem. Mods were Ohlin suspension, fork kit front, shock and spring rear and Dunlop D7's, a bunch of them. I had the engine modified by a friend that does race bike engines, smog stuff removed and real spark plug wires and a lighter exhaust system. It was a very good bike, handled well, made good power everywere in the power band and the oil worked just fine. Never did an analysis but changed it every 3 to 5k miles. Only engine problem was the failure of a seal in the water pump, which I hear is sometimes a problem. And the only thing I really worried about was the fan relay for the radiator fan and always made sure the fan was running when I slowed down to a stop after a hard ride. A comment about the handling, seting the fork height is important to stop the bike from shaking it's head at high speeds. Using a damper will kill front end feed back in turns. Beyond that the bike handles well and the engine is bullet proof, with only little care.

These are very good numbers especially for oil that's been used for over 4,000 miles in a motorcycle....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back