red pocket CDMAS

anyone on here know how long the sprint 3g network will still be available? currently red pocket is still activating devices on sprint's 3g network

I think 2g/1x is nowish for most companies. 3g a year or more. It has changed several times.

I still have a couple of 2g devices on T-Mobile still going as we didn’t have enough to replace them when some guys replaced 3g units that were supposed to wait. The 4g ATT devices that are replacing them don’t have near the same amount of signal the old stuff did.

I've used Ting on the Sprint network for 5 years. Just replaced 2 phones and getting a 3rd. One works with Ting, the other won't and I switched it to Redpocket on advice in another thread here. They are all under $100 so if I only get a year out of them, no big deal.

i would like to believe that red pocket would send out a message to their 3g cdma customers prior to the shutdown.

If your on the Sprint network now, it looks like you will have 2 options in Jan 2022 if I am reading that link above correctly.
One option will be to Switch to Verizon?
Or ditch the phone and get a GSM for ATT or TMobile.

Im sure I am missing something here except Sprint will no longer be next Jan.

If your on the Sprint network now, it looks like you will have 2 options in Jan 2022 if I am reading that link above correctly.
One option will be to Switch to Verizon?
Or ditch the phone and get a GSM for ATT or TMobile.

Im sure I am missing something here except Sprint will no longer be next Jan.
Spoke with red pocket tech they recommended a GSM device on att.. red pocket would send me out a sim at no charge.

Back