Red Line has made me angry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone buy RL from Amazon.com? RL is looking better and better every day. I think I convinced my father to make the change, the Amsoil PC fee ran out for him, and ponying up $20 to get the discount is not sitting well with us anymore. I like Amsoil too but the RL 0W20 and 5W20 look like two great oils.

Originally Posted By: mstrjon32
Can't imagine why you'd be using Red Line if you're "frugal".

That's how Redline hacked me off....

I picked up a bottle of their oil and looked at the price!!!!!!
55.gif

Redline doesn't formulate their oils to be sold at Walmart. The significant amount of POE & Moly they use are part of the reason RL is more expensive.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
There are limited Red Line oil dealers up here in Ontario and I have found a good one around the corner from me, but the price is a bit higher than I know I should be able to get.

I contacted other "dealers" but none are returning my e-mails and/or calls, even after repeated attempts.

I even e-mailed Corporate about this, and regarding my interest in possibly being a dealer for them. 3 times and not 1 response.

I think after this lack of service from the dealers and from corporate I will be going back to Amsoil even if their (Red Line) product fairs better in my application.

Your experiences?

I have limited experience with Redline. For a short time, the full series of oils was available as a local Advance Auto Parts store when it first opened (in the early 2000s). They stopped carrying it, but if you're hellbent on using Redline, and aren't far from the US border, there are a couple of performance shops in the Buffalo, NY area that carry Redline products...

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
Anyone buy RL from Amazon.com? RL is looking better and better every day. I think I convinced my father to make the change, the Amsoil PC fee ran out for him, and ponying up $20 to get the discount is not sitting well with us anymore. I like Amsoil too but the RL 0W20 and 5W20 look like two great oils.

No tax and no shipping and still only $10/quart = winner

I'd buy their 12 quart case special and try it.

There are limited Red Line oil dealers up here in Ontario and I have found a good one around the corner from me, but the price is a bit higher than I know I should be able to get.

I contacted other "dealers" but none are returning my e-mails and/or calls, even after repeated attempts.

I even e-mailed Corporate about this, and regarding my interest in possibly being a dealer for them. 3 times and not 1 response.

I think after this lack of service from the dealers and from corporate I will be going back to Amsoil even if their (Red Line) product fairs better in my application.

Your experiences?

My experiences have been good, there is a place close to me that stocks all their products.

Originally Posted By: BobFout
Originally Posted By: ADFD1

No tax and no shipping and still only $10/quart = winner

I'd buy their 12 quart case special and try it.

I just bought 12 bottles of their FI cleaner on Amazon.com. I paid tax but no shipping, great price. I'm using it right now trying to resolve a bogging down issue in my van, but that's another story. If I can buy a case of their oil with free shipping and no tax from Amazon.com I'm probably going to try it myself!

I want the cheapest price I can find on Red Line is that so wrong?

I'm the same way, I usually don't mind paying more for what I feel to be a superior product, but I still want to get the best deal I can find on it.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
I want the cheapest price I can find on Red Line is that so wrong?

I'm the same way, I usually don't mind paying more for what I feel to be a superior product, but I still want to get the best deal I can find on it.
That is what I wanted to say...

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Steve, with the Loony now approaching parity with the Greenback Shaun's price should be well under 12 bucks a qt by now.

It has been my experience in the past that it takes a long time for one to see the benefits at the retail level of such an exchange rate swing.
21.gif

Amsoil does it almost right away... They wait a bit to see if its a temporary change and when it isn't they offer a discount or lower their prices.

Right now you can get an 8% discount on the prices because of the difference.

It's awesome... It's like not paying the PST.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Steve, with the Loony now approaching parity with the Greenback Shaun's price should be well under 12 bucks a qt by now.

It has been my experience in the past that it takes a long time for one to see the benefits at the retail level of such an exchange rate swing.
21.gif

I generally agree but with Wild Goose Performance they don't stock much Red Line but can get whatever you want in short order from their US distributor. Consiquently you'll get the current exchange.

So much for becoming a dealer... They only will allow you to become a dealer if you have a "Walk-in" style repair facility to allow customers to walk in and order products.
smirk2.gif

At least they got back to me.
frown.gif

Of course.

Call Mobil 1 and ask to become a dealer!!!
See what they say.

You need to have a shop.

Why can't I be an online retailer? Base the dealership on a 1 year trial that I need to sell so much in volume to remain a dealer?

Amsoil will make just about anyone a dealer... I don't get it.
frown.gif

Why can't I be an online retailer? Base the dealership on a 1 year trial that I need to sell so much in volume to remain a dealer?

Amsoil will make just about anyone a dealer... I don't get it.
frown.gif

You need proof of your company. Tax information, ect. . .

Amsoil will make anyone a dealer. If your willing to pay them. That is one reason why I do not like Amsoil. You gotta pay them so you can sell there oil.
smirk2.gif

Last edited:
smirk2.gif
Administration costs for someone to process your application. $50 to become an Amsoil dealer is a lot cheaper than signing a lease on a building to satisfy RedLine.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

Your experiences?

Why not order off of the internet? I just bought Red Line from ogracing.com, no problems, cheap price.

25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back