ANTIFREEZE 0.0%

WATER 0.0%

INSOLUBLES 0.2%

TBN 5.1

SILICON 35
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by joee12:
With the Silicon and Insolubles, I would say you have a leak in the intake/PCV system. I doubt that since you are an air filtration guru, that the air filter is dirty
wink.gif
. Why the short interval Jason?? -Joe

He probably knew what was going on and just wanted to do a uoa to tease our brains, istead of just fixing it.

How long are you going to keep us in suspense, Jason?

Yeah, silicon is key... Leak in intake system is understatement!
blush.gif
Kind of embarrasing but not my fault...it slips off too easily...The intake elbow slid OFF the air filter housing! So no airfilter at all. Even with the hose clamp probably 1/2 turn from snapping, you can still push the elbow off. So I had to move the filter box a bit so it is compressing the boot a little.
I don't know how long it was off. Couldn't have been more than a week or two max. I try to check things out often.

I already fixed the intake manifold gasket.

Well that sux. Can someone run Redline in this lifetime that doesn't have an air filtration problem or BG added so we can see what the real results are?
tongue.gif

[ July 08, 2004, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

quote:

Originally posted by Jason Troxell:
Yeah, silicon is key... Leak in intake system is understatement!
blush.gif
Kind of embarrasing but not my fault...it slips off too easily...The intake elbow slid OFF the air filter housing! So no airfilter at all. Even with the hose clamp probably 1/2 turn from snapping, you can still push the elbow off. So I had to move the filter box a bit so it is compressing the boot a little.
I don't know how long it was off. Couldn't have been more than a week or two max. I try to check things out often.

I already fixed the intake manifold gasket.

I know the feeling-GM's are prone to this.

Yeah, it counts. But so do the 50 + other bad UOAs of RL.
grin.gif
Not to mention all Subaru UOAs look good. VW's the same way.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
Yeah, it counts. But so do the 50 + other bad UOAs of RL.
grin.gif
Not to mention all Subaru UOAs look good. VW's the same way.
cheers.gif

So do I look for and use the best oil for my car?

Or do I only consider only oils that had better UOA's than redline on engines different that the engines I own?

I'm sure that there are engines that produce high wear metals or are hard on oils in some other way, and that a certain oil may test as being the best in that model engine.

If Redlione isn't the best oil for that engine, but it seems very good or best in my engine, why shouldn't I use Redline?

Mobil 1 10W-30 and German Castrol Syntec 0W-30 didn't perform as well as Redline in the Subaru UOA's I've found.

Some engines like the newer VW Pumpe Duse turbo diesels have a specific oil spec 505.01 with target standards, nor minimum standards, for certain additives.

So that oil specification will address those problems and work well. That doesn't mnean that 505.1 oil is the best oil in other engines.

Can you show me other Subaru 2.5 L UOA's that are better than Redlne?

Can you show me the worst of the bad UOA's for Redline on different engines, and which oil worked best in those engines?

With the Silicon and Insolubles, I would say you have a leak in the intake/PCV system. I doubt that since you are an air filtration guru, that the air filter is dirty
wink.gif
. Why the short interval Jason?? -Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back