Red Line 10W-30, 1992 Acura NSX, 11mo/4683mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sample out of my '92 NSX. This one is fun as it is was in there for a almost year. That time includes 13 track days and a drive to/from Houston to Road America (Wisconsin). Pretty solid results, I think. Will have to watch the lead. Kinda interesting to see antimony in there.

nice, nsx really is my dream car
smile.gif

A Charger with the Hellcat engine is mine. It would be great power for getting on the freeway with zest.

I'm guessing lead+antimony is bearing wear. Not sure if I should be concerned or not. I'll resample sooner than a year this time. Surprisingly, there is not a huge pool of NSX UOAs to look through.

Last edited:
I would think there is bearing wear and I'm inclined switching to an A3B4/C3 or HDEO xW40.

Interesting leap in Si. That's roughly 20ppm more than Red Line has in it out of the drum. Where'd it come from?

Originally Posted By: bulwnkl
Interesting leap in Si. That's roughly 20ppm more than Red Line has in it out of the drum. Where'd it come from?

Wondering the same thing. Haven't done any work to the car. Going to check the air filter setup tomorrow, but it's an OEM box, new filter, etc.

Found two things. One, the PCV valve was junk. Two, oil is getting into the airbox and has soaked the air filter. Don't know if those things can impact the oil, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Replacing the PCV valve and getting that system operating correctly may (should) help with the oil on the air filter. That correction should also improve UOAs overall, not to mention improving durability of the engine. :)

Robertcope,

check out the UOA I just posted on Redline. High Pb and Si. Been reading about this dating back to the early 200O's. Like you, there are not many Montero's. My engine likes Moly!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back