Red In Motor. Internal Cleaner? Pennzoil Motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I bought the Land Cruiser with 208,000 mi.
What is the red from? I know its oil but what why is it reddish color?
valves.jpg

I haven't had the valve cover off in a long time, wonder if Rotella T6 cleaned it up?

Question, would a internal engine cleaner remove this reddish stuff? Would there be a need to remove it? What benefits would there be to removing it?

I have put on myself 228,000 mi with the buildup so I guess it didn't hurt anything?

Just wondering, if I remove the valve cover and its till red, should I leave it or clean it?

If for some reason I buy a used motor or newer Land Cruiser, would I want to remove this type of buildup or leave it alone?

What about this kind of build up? Leave it or clean it? Its from a Fj62 Land Cruiser I bought for $1000 years back. Would this be an example of what was called "A Pennzoil Motor" from years back?
100_0360.jpg
100_0358.jpg
3feoilcrud.jpg

Last edited:
If you don't have any problems, leave it. It's going to end up in bad places if you throw some solvent at it.

That's not quite red, it's your standard varnish color. Have a female friend take a look at the picture and ask her what color it is, men perceive color differently and some are slightly colorblind and never know.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
That's not quite red, it's your standard varnish color. Have a female friend take a look at the picture and ask her what color it is, men perceive color differently and some are slightly colorblind and never know.

Yup - classic varnish.

UD

Also don't use any solvents or try to remove it lest you clog the oil pickup. I would just use a good oil and change it at a normal intervals. The varnish is harmless mostly

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I'm guessing it's from the previous owner not changing the oil often enough.
+ 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back