Recyling Pays Off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week we were doing some demo inside a building that was being decommissioned. The other contractor that was taking out the conveyors was just cutting up and throwing away the nearly new belts in the dumpster. Heck, I got an idea for that!

My garage is a gravel floor, and budget right now does not allow for a new concrete floor. This is the next best thing!

Had 3 rolls about 25'-30'. Cost new was well over twice what the truck it hauled cost me, lol.

20160827_124010_zpsbl5xplxx.jpg

Laying out and cutting the length:

20160827_124015_zpsreshxbuv.jpg

Laid down:

20160827_132221_zpsnqtkegj0.jpg

20160827_132233_zpszn65xwdz.jpg

I've never heard of a gravel garage floor? I've only ever seen cement garage floors here.

Why does your house have a paved driveway but a gravel garage floor, kind of backwards I think.

But great improvising! I like your way of thinking.

Recycling is the best.

I saw a someone created a machine that grinds up recyclables and can make them into furniture. If I find the link for it I will edit this post but I MUST HAVE IT.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I've never heard of a gravel garage floor? I've only ever seen cement garage floors here.

Why does your house have a paved driveway but a gravel garage floor, kind of backwards I think.

But great improvising! I like your way of thinking.

My grandmas garage had a gravel floor. I think it is less cost over pouring a slab. This was in NY which is not too far from PA, may be a northeast thing also. Not common in newer homes at all.

Long time ago I read that dirt floors in a garage keep cars from rusting. Somehow it must wick excessive moisture from the air on humid days.

Belt is good stuff...you should see the coal stuff...4mm and 3mm covers, 4-6 ply.

Old belt is worth nearly half new belt, as feedlotters buy it for flooring for their cattle.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Long time ago I read that dirt floors in a garage keep cars from rusting. Somehow it must wick excessive moisture from the air on humid days.

Interesting, I would think it would be the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back