Recyling Pays Off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week we were doing some demo inside a building that was being decommissioned. The other contractor that was taking out the conveyors was just cutting up and throwing away the nearly new belts in the dumpster. Heck, I got an idea for that! My garage is a gravel floor, and budget right now does not allow for a new concrete floor. This is the next best thing! Had 3 rolls about 25'-30'. Cost new was well over twice what the truck it hauled cost me, lol. Laying out and cutting the length: Laid down:

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2022
I've never heard of a gravel garage floor? I've only ever seen cement garage floors here. Why does your house have a paved driveway but a gravel garage floor, kind of backwards I think. But great improvising! I like your way of thinking.

Recycling is the best. I saw a someone created a machine that grinds up recyclables and can make them into furniture. If I find the link for it I will edit this post but I MUST HAVE IT.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I've never heard of a gravel garage floor? I've only ever seen cement garage floors here. Why does your house have a paved driveway but a gravel garage floor, kind of backwards I think. But great improvising! I like your way of thinking.
My grandmas garage had a gravel floor. I think it is less cost over pouring a slab. This was in NY which is not too far from PA, may be a northeast thing also. Not common in newer homes at all.

Kestas

Staff member
Long time ago I read that dirt floors in a garage keep cars from rusting. Somehow it must wick excessive moisture from the air on humid days.

Belt is good stuff...you should see the coal stuff...4mm and 3mm covers, 4-6 ply. Old belt is worth nearly half new belt, as feedlotters buy it for flooring for their cattle.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Long time ago I read that dirt floors in a garage keep cars from rusting. Somehow it must wick excessive moisture from the air on humid days.
Interesting, I would think it would be the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.