Recycling gas/oil

At the local landfill which accepts coolant and oil. Buddy that works there asks what I have and I tell him coolant.
Said a number of people have been trying to put gas (old?) in the oil bin. He said the company that takes it from them won't take it if has a certain amount of gas in it.

That sound about right?

At the local landfill which accepts coolant and oil. Buddy that works there asks what I have and I tell him coolant.
Said a number of people have been trying to put gas (old?) in the oil bin. He said the company that takes it from them won't take it if has a certain amount of gas in it.

That sound about right?

Yep, he’s correct. A clown we had at work did a gas tank job and dumped like 16 gallons in our one waste oil tank. Safety Kleen does a test when they come to take our waste oil. Guy from Safety Kleen said he isn’t taking that oil as it definitely reeked of fuel. The clown working for us was fired; nobody misses him either

they tried to refuse my oil. it did smell of gas.. but it was because it came out of a 35 year old tractor, not excessive gas.

Yep, he’s correct. A clown we had at work did a gas tank job and dumped like 16 gallons in our one waste oil tank. Safety Kleen does a test when they come to take our waste oil. Guy from Safety Kleen said he isn’t taking that oil as it definitely reeked of fuel. The clown working for us was fired; nobody misses him either
Yup, we have to put old gas in a separate container. The place that picks up our used oil will take it and issue a separate receipt for it. Usually around $500 for a 12 gallon tank.

Back