recommended oil type...............modded 6.0 vortec with blower

just bought a k2500 Suburban, has been modified to 6.6l from 6.0 vortec, and a Magnussen supercharger installed...........question is, does anyone have a similar setup, and what oil do you run? Weight? etc.

Any name brand synthetic 5.30 & change it under the 5k mile mark in average/mixed duty service.

3k service interval in severe service/really heavy foot/more than 50% towing

Rotella T6 5W-40 and if in warm climate Rotella 15W-40 T4. How much boost and how well tuned is the rig?

I am running T6 5W-40 in a mild cam LQ4 get about 38-40 psi hot idle and 55 chumming down the highway doing 65+.

Rotella T6 5W-40 and if in warm climate Rotella 15W-40 T4. How much boost and how well tuned is the rig?

I am running T6 5W-40 in a mild cam LQ4 get about 38-40 psi hot idle and 55 chumming down the highway doing 65+.
gauge reads 7-9 psi or so at 2500-300, have not really got on it real good yet, not sure of the tune, or how well. John West out of Raliegh built the motor, and his son did the tune to my knowledge. Older vietnam vet put 25000 plus in the truck, then died. Wife selling through broker........got it for 15700.

The magnussen tune was done i think, but the displacemtn was changed to 6.6, so not sure how smooth it is, thinking about taking it to a local spot i know.

Which One? Supercar, ESP 3X, FS?

I didn't like the OA of the reformed FS looks like a HD diesel lube with tons of Magsul. Don't like big magsul in gas engines.
Whats Supercar look like? Same as 3X?

Oh no, they changed the formula? I was talking about regular FS.

Back