Recommended filter for running Mobil1 High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jk_636
Originally Posted By: paulri
The two vehicles using it are a 98 Honda Civic, 180K, and 2005 Toyota Sienna, 120K. Both engines require 5W-30. Most of the mileage on both vehicles is city driving, with say 20% of the miles being freeway.

Up until this point, both vehicles have been using conventional oil, at 7500 mile OCI. The oil changes have been pretty regular. I have no idea what brand oil has been used; most of the oil changes have been at the local Toyota and Honda dealers.

I would like to get a filter that will do its job well for the entire 8K miles, so I don't have to replace the filter halfway through the OCI.

I have read that the Mobile1 Extended Performance filter is very good; I did call a local Synfast Oil Change (they use Castrol) and the guy said that they use “conventional” filters even with a synthetic oil change, because the synthetic filters are so strong they slow down the flow of oil. Is there any truth to this?

EDIT: I'd like to stay within $10-15 for the filter; if there really is a solid reason to pay $20, I suppose I could go that high but I'd want to know why I'd have to.

No synthetic filters do not slow down oil flow. Nonsense.

Mobil 1 EP filters would be fine. Puro synthetics and Royal purple filters are my go to extended interval filters, but there certainly are a number of others that can go 8k miles easy. Try a couple different brands and find which one you prefer. then cut them and post pictures of course

Either you just got back or I dont come here as often?
21.gif

Welcome back either way.
welcome2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back