recommended electric shavers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit I get a bit lazy sometimes and don't shave for a few days. The hairs on my face grow 2-3mm in this time and become hard to shave with my Braun. (It's dual-foil with the middle "hedge-trimmer" blades.) Is there an electric that can easily mow down hairs that have grown a few days?

Get a Panasonic, they are better than Braun at mowing down a tough beard. I got a ES8243A and am very happy with it. You can get them new for around $99 on Amazon and $69 for a refurb on ebay. This is Panasonics top of the line shaver and lists for $250 originally. If you are ok with a year or two old model(the only difference is the newest ones have 4 cutters instead of 3, you can pick these up for $38 refurbed or so including shipping on ebay. The refurbs have all new cutters and foils and look brand new and have a 1 year warranty.

Quote:
Try this one...
crackmeup2.gif

I had a braun originally, but it is hard to use with longer hairs. I have a philips norelco, which is pretty decent.

Originally Posted By: el_zorro
Get a Panasonic, they are better than Braun at mowing down a tough beard. I got a ES8243A and am very happy with it. You can get them new for around $99 on Amazon and $69 for a refurb on ebay. This is Panasonics top of the line shaver and lists for $250 originally. If you are ok with a year or two old model(the only difference is the newest ones have 4 cutters instead of 3, you can pick these up for $38 refurbed or so including shipping on ebay. The refurbs have all new cutters and foils and look brand new and have a 1 year warranty.

I did some reading about this model. They claim it requires only 1 pass. True? or just marketing?

Is the battery user-replaceable? That's one thing I hate about the Brauns

A few years back I had a Braun, and the foil on top actually split and cut me. Not deeply, but an electric shaver is not supposed to attack you!

I use a Norelco now, and a safety razor once every week or so to get a really close shave.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Electrics are next to useless IMO.

Agreed! I get ingrown hairs when I use an electric.

Panasonic Wet/Dry, mine is model 8077. Cuts two week old beard w/o any problems. I use it with shaving gel, and it cuts VERY close w/o irritation. I had more problems with ingrown hairs with Gillette Mach 3 than I do with Panasonic.
Holds charge forever.

I ended up getting the Panasonic ARC 4 that was recommended here and really like it. It's not 1-pass like they advertise but still much better than Braun. The blades are so fast it never snags hairs

Great shaver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back