Recommended car shipper?

I am assisting an older family member looking to ship a classic truck about 1400 miles sometime in the next couple of months. It's been almost a decade since we've needed to do something like this. Had a pretty good experience last time and am looking for a repeat. Affordable is always good but reliable is important too.

Any advice or specific recommendations you might have would be welcome.

Thanks a lot.

Within the past six years, I've bought three cars off eBay and had them shipped to me. I use do youship.com, It is eBay's shipping partner. Two out of the three experiences were excellent, one of them was a joke. If I remember correctly, you can look at reviews and delivery estimates For price and time prior to booking.
The last time I shipped was within the past three years, I would pay on average one dollar per mile. I'm guessing prices have gone up a little bit.

I sent a CR-V from San Jose, CA to Arlington,TX for $700 or $800; I kinda forget. Open truck. Closed costs more, of course.
Also sent a Sentra from San Jose to Phoenix for $600, I think.
I think he does west coast to TX runs. Not sure.

It ain't cheap.

When shipping my firebirds that I restore and flip. I have used Uship, And Montway auto shipping has always bid lowest bidder and never any problems with them

One time I scored a transport from Denver to Oklahoma City(Door to door) for only $400 !! The transport guy's Denver order got cancelled and he was driving around "empty" BIG NO NO when hauling loads.

But that was few years ago..............

I would post vehicle on ubid(free) and see who lowest bidder with BEST reviews is and contact them outside of uship

Saves me $$$$$$$$$$$

Good luck
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

https://reliablecarriers.com/

Not cheap. I paid 1,500...But the driver was on time, polite and was very nice to me and my mother when we shipped her VW to Florida from Chicagoland. I've used other carriers but Reliable was the best experience. I thought of open trailer to save cash, but it was worth it to me to pay extra.

Originally Posted by typ901

Not cheap. I paid 1,500...But the driver was on time, polite and was very nice to me and my mother when we shipped her VW to Florida from Chicagoland. I've used other carriers but Reliable was the best experience. I thought of open trailer to save cash, but it was worth it to me to pay extra.

Was it $1500 Chicago to Florida enclosed ?? That's actually a VERY VERY good deal !!!

Dave

Originally Posted by GMguy84
Originally Posted by typ901

Was it $1500 Chicago to Florida enclosed ?? That's actually a VERY VERY good deal !!!

Dave

Dave- yes but a VW Golf is not a large car! Also I told them we were not in a hurry.

Back