Recommend oil 04 Nissan 2.5 SE-R

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last oil report the copper was 10 & Silicon 29.I use Syntec 10/30. It is time to put real oil in. I have AMSOIL 0/30 5/30 10/30 Synergyn 3/30 and Mobil 1 10/30.I took off the AMSOIL air filter and put on a NAPA gold. I was thinking of the AMSOIL 0/30 or Synergyn. The car will have 10000 miles when I change. Thanks
rolleyes.gif

Since you are an Amsoil dealer and live in FL, I recommend the Amsoil 10W-30 ATM at dealer cost plus your sales points.

What type of driving, OCI and miles per year will you be doing?

I'm with Pablo on this one. I have the 94 altima 2.4L oil abuser. The engine liked the Amsoil ATM 10w-30 better than the ASL 5w-30. I do not know why but the engine was smoother and the wear metals from the UOA were down significantly from the 5w-30. I did drop the interval from 1 year to 9 months with a filter change in the middle.

Go with the oversized SDF 20 over the tiny SDF 13 oil filter.

[ June 12, 2004, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: John in the ATL ]

rolleyes.gif
I only drive this car about 10000 a year but have 2 other cars & truck. I will run the oil report at 5000 and if its as good as I think it will be change filter and drain at 10000. I just got my book so I have a lot to learn.I already have AMSOIL in my 2003 Camry and put their Tranny fluid in all the cars. I thought the 0/30 was their best product since this car is pretty fast I drive agressivly.The filter is so small compared to the Nissan filter that's why I think I will change it at 5000. Thanks
dunno.gif

The reason I recommend the the 10W-30 over the 0W-30 is cost. With your 10K you probably wouldn't even need a filter change and top up. Highly unlikely, and I mean near impossible the 0W-30 will provide any price/protection better than the 10W-30 at 10K.

10W-30 will cost you well under $5 and will be $2/qt cheaper than 0W-30. If the 0W provided any more protection at 10K I would be surprised, so why bother paying more? Now if you lived in NORTHBUMFART Dackotah I would say 0W for winter...

I agree on the 5W vs. 10W comments.

The Sk2 0w-30 is one of Amsoil's best products but is probaly not the best for your cars.

Go with the oversized Amsoil SDF 20 oil filter(same length as the SDF 13 but fatter.) or the NAPA Gold 1334.

Start doing oil analysis regularly, Oil Analyzer or Blackstone. Consider using site sponsor Dyson Oil Analysis. Terry can help you fine tune with which Amsoil product works the best in your car.

[ June 12, 2004, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: John in the ATL ]

dropitby, you might want to search the site using "2.5L," "Sentra" or "SpecV" to find other discussion and UOAs.

I think it was Piopio who got a good result from Red Line. My result with the same oil was not as encouraging ... but a warped air cleaner is strongly suspected.

I'm running Scaheffer 5W30 synthetic blend right now and my fuel mileage is really something ... averaging over 30mpg (mixed driving) since the beginning of May.
grin.gif

--- Bror Jace

Your car is so new, I don't think the copper and maybe even the silicon is necessarily a problem. It should decrease.

Syntec 10W-30 is good stuff, but for your application, I think the ATM 10W-30 would be hard to beat.

I'm not an Amsoil person, but for this engine, that would be my pick.

Your engine abuses oil and you live in Fla., so it's the best balance, imho.

If the 0W-30 is the superior product, then why would they even bother making ATM 10-30? Probably because it fits specific applications like yours.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

Originally posted by dropitby:
I use Syntec 10/30. It is time to put real oil in.

REAL oil? Puh-leez!
rolleyes.gif

Amsoil's XL series isn't "real" oil either, but it seems to work really well. Good spec's., too.

Guess if it isn't "real" ,it must be synthetic.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back