Recommend me a cognac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Courvoisier VSOP is a little smoother than the Hennessey, IMO but I was never a big 'yac drinker. I used to get a bottle of it every now and again, but I don't remember the price.

I have a bottle of Remy Martin XO Special Cognac and I was wondering how long it will last unopened. I do not want to give it to someone and it not be any good. Since you guys are discussing cognac I know you will be able to answer my question.

Cognac does not go bad once opened. Anyway, I doubt the bottle will last long, if your guests find it.
wink.gif

Helen - as long as it was kept out of the sunlight, at a relatively stable temperature, cognac will last essentially forever. It will change flavor with time, but won't go south. Alcohol is a good preservative.

+1 to both if you don't trust it just send it my way I will send back what's left. It can go a long time stored right.

It has been in the pantry in the original box since Tony bought it and that was back when it cost $125.00 a bottle. I do not drink it so I will wait until I find someone that will enjoy it. Thank you for the help.

Originally Posted By: hr1940
It has been in the pantry in the original box since Tony bought it and that was back when it cost $125.00 a bottle. I do not drink it so I will wait until I find someone that will enjoy it. Thank you for the help.
I will pay for shipping to Canada!
LOL.gif

You could look up recipes and add it to some baking. It really makes for nice Italian Cookies.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: hr1940
There are lots of good things to do with it even if you don't drink. Mostly sauces or poaching liquids that I'm thinking of, but I think it would be a real shame to drop something that nice in with a bunch of other ingredients.

Courvoisier XO or Hennessy XO about 100-120 a bottle, then if you want the BEST it's Loius XIII about 1000.00 a bottle, and a bargin is Hine Rare and Delicate is less than $50 , if you can get it.

Martell Noblige. It's a step above their VSOP. For a very competitive price. By far my favorite! Their VSOP is admirable as well. I have had many cognacs and the Martell house is by far my favorite brand cognac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back