Recommend a spray lubricant/corrosion inhibitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to protect air actuators on a conveyor line at my job from urine. Let me explain: I'm a biomed engineer at a large lab that processes blood and urine samples. The sample tubes travel a converyor line into robot cells to be decapped, picked and placed in instrument racks. An actuator grabs and holds the tube for the robot to pick up. Often the urine sample tubes are ovrefilled allowing urine to splash on the hold actuator.
Is there a product that will both lubricate and coat the moving surfaces of the actuator to help prevent corrosion from the urine splash?
Doesn't work: WD40, Silicon spray, PBlaster
Other ideas?

Last edited:
Id go with corrosion x first. Other alternatives would be fluid film (less lubricity, perhaps more coverage), Boeshield T9 (waxy), or the other waxy coatings including corroxion X HD, amsoil HDMP, and LCS3 rust inhibitor.

Id go for corrosion x personally.

Doesn't come in a spray but TrackLube is really good and can be used on rubber and plastic.All the new gun lubes like Froglube (comes in a spray) Seal 1 and Fireclean are based on it.

Overhead Door makes a waxy, clingy spray for use on garage door coil springs. I use it on my truck frame. it sticks to any thing, won't wash off and seems excellent at stopping salt corrosion. I would try a can or two of this stuff.

I always try and overfill all the samples I provide, it's a matter of manliness!

Fluid Film or Heavy Duty Amsoil metal protector

Last edited:
Another vote for Corrosion X HD. Smells heavily of lanolin, does an excellent job against the salt spray in our vehicles' wheel wells during the winter. It creeps a bit but generally stays where you put it.

I've also had good results with 1 part lanolin and 2 parts Vasoline thinned out with mineral spirits to a sprayable mix.

I would try to stay on the thin side of a lubricant, to avoid build up.
Maybe something like "break-free" CLP spray for guns would work and be pretty cheap and available anyplace.

WD is design to dissipate moisture, it really does nothing for lubrication. I really only use WD to de-moisturize light sockets or distributer caps and things of that nature. I'm surprised PB or kroil does not work for ya........

Check out TC-11. You have to order direct but the customer service is excellent. I am not a dealer ,just a satisfied customer.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back