Recommend a good 3.5 to 2.5 inch HDD bay adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good 3.5 to 2.5 inch HDD bay adapter for my Dell Dimension E310. I have a 2.5 inch 500GB HDD that I want to add as a second drive for backup. Looking for something kind of like this, but that will fit well with my Dimension E310. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

most of the 2.5'' SSD drives come with one.

It looks like a little tray, that you screw the 2.5'' drive into, then bolt it into the 3.5'' slot.

I just installed one yesterday in a PC at work.

its just a tray most are fairly similar. You have 2 designs to choose from. One is enclosed, the other is open for ventilation.

Some also let you fit 2-2.5" drives into one bay.. this is especially useful for ssd drives since they don't produce much heat.

In a pinch use some wireties(the plastic kind) and fix it up permanently later.

This is my favorite kind.

I was looking at that one Rand, it looks good. I just wonder if it will fit into my Dimension well enough as that computer has the slide in trays. Will that be a problem? I don't see screw holes on the Dimension.

Originally Posted By: ClutchDisc
I was looking at that one Rand, it looks good. I just wonder if it will fit into my Dimension well enough as that computer has the slide in trays. Will that be a problem? I don't see screw holes on the Dimension.

the tray should mount like a hdd on the outside of the tray, and the inside fits 2.5" drives

so if your desktop takes a tray or has some other form of screwless/toolless design it should fit.

The outside dimensions and screw holes match what is on a hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back