Reciprocating air compressor oil Miles Stratus D ISO 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone familiar with Miles Stratus D ISO 68 synthetic diester-based compressor lubricant? Looks like a good quality synthetic lubricant for reciprocating air compressors. Have a Makita MAC700 that came with enough sample oil to fill it the first time. I've done the breaking in for the 20 minutes with the air drain drank valve open been using it for a bit so I'd like to change the oil out for synthetic. I think the Makita P68 that ships with the compressor is Quin-Cip D. Makita specs SAE 20W ISO 68 for the MAC 700 for 33.8 degrees to 78.8 degrees F. I live in Southern California so the garage is usually 60 degrees to 90 degrees.

MAC 700 OIl

SAE 10W ISO 32 3.2°F - 32°F
SAE 20W ISO 68 33.8°F - 78.8°F
SAE 30W ISO 100 above 80.6°F

Yep Quin-Cip 20W is what I use in my Quincy compressor. Like motor oil you can get synthetic or not. My compressor is about 10 years old and I've changed the oil three times and the air filter about 5 times. The oil I drain looks just like the new oil. Crystal clear. I would possibly change the oil more often but there is no combustion process involved. Strictly lubrication and no visual indication of use. I have the manual somewhere that tells the recommended hours between changes but also only specs the Quincy oil. I will take my chances with my extended intervals.

I use DEWALT D55001 Synthetic Compressor Oil. Keeps my cheapy compressor happy. Its been running with this oil for years. Kind of expensive but it only holds 4 ounces after 2 changes I still have enough for 2 more.
B0008GLW9Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back