Recently restocked 0w-30 - all M01338

Status
Not open for further replies.

vad

I just came back from my local AutoZone.
The 0w-30 shelf has been restocked with M01338. It had nothing but M05288 (including in the backroom) as recently as a month ago.
Where is it coming from?
The bottles look completely clean, not a hint of dust. Looks like they're trying to get rid of the old stock.
confused.gif

It's kinda sneaky the way they do that - moving the 4 year old oil to a busy store and then selling it at the regular prices!!!

Someone (maybe here) is returning their stash. I'm not sure I would want five year-old oil in my ride for 8K OCIs. I'm about to buy some GC, but if I saw both in my Auto Zone (5 year-old Green or Jan 06' Gold) -- I would buy the Gold.

Just my opinion...

There is no such a thing as a 5 year old Green.
All of M01's are Pre-GC.

oh yeah its like 5yrs old...doesn't oil start becoming bad after 5yrs? or at least break down or something

quote:

Originally posted by steven88:
oh yeah its like 5yrs old...doesn't oil start becoming bad after 5yrs? or at least break down or something

It's been discussed before...but the bottomline is that the oil should be fine if stored in a temperate climate (I store my oil in my basement).

oops...sorry vad...I skimmed through the page real quick...and the title said "restocked" so I thought someone went in and bought it...and I saw your the creator of this thread and was quick to judge you bought it....my bad

If it says "for gasoline engines" then it's definitely not GC, but the really old energy conserving stuff that sometimes had the snowflake on the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back