Recent motor rebuild for my Nissan 240SX, help me pick an oil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure this question probably doesn't come up much, so I'm looking forward to hearing some suggestions and ideas. I have a 1991 Nissan 240SX(KA24DE DOHC). The motor was rebuilt about 6000 miles ago. I ran 1000 miles on whatever the mechanic who rebuilt the motor put in there per his request. Then he wanted to do the first oil change so he could re-check everything on the motor, make sure the oil wasn't full of gas, etc. So he got rid of the break in oil and put in some Castrol conventional with a Bosch filter. After I got around 3000 miles on that I changed it to Mobil 1 5w30 with an STP filter. It had been a while since I was on here, but last I knew people were really liking the STP filters. It looks like some people have discovered some issues with them such as bypass valves, construction, etc. but that's another thread.

I've already put some Redline MT90 in the trans and 75w90 Redline gear lube in the rear. I've been a Mobil 1 fan for a while, it worked well in my other car, but if there's something that might fit the bill better for my motor I'd like to know. Here in TN it usually doesn't get below 20*, I drive this car every day, and I don't drive it like a grandma.

I am specifically interested in-
Valvoline Durablend
Mobil 1
Castrol ??

Suggestions on viscosity would be great as well. Thanks in advance!

Castrol Syntec 0W-30 (German) if you can find it. Autozone only. Just do a search on "German Castrol".

Mobile 1 0W-40 "European Formula" if you cant.

Gene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back