Received My Baldwin Filters.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received my case of 12 Baldwin filters (# B34) from adiesel.com

My total for 12 filters shipped to my door was $66.52, thats $5.54 total each.

I think its hard to beat the quality vs price and I didn't even have to leave my house.

The filters look great, both inside and out. They are a very sturdy filter.

They took 9 days to get to my house and they came drop shipped from the Baldwin plant in a sealed case of 12.

I changed my oil and installed one today (Castrol Syntec 5w-30) and everything works/seems great.

Just thought I'd let you know about my experience.

Darryl
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Darryl:
I just received my case of 12 Baldwin filters (# B34) from adiesel.com

My total for 12 filters shipped to my door was $66.52, thats $5.54 total each.

I think its hard to beat the quality vs price and I didn't even have to leave my house.

The filters look great, both inside and out. They are a very sturdy filter.

They took 9 days to get to my house and they came drop shipped from the Baldwin plant in a sealed case of 12.

I changed my oil and installed one today (Castrol Syntec 5w-30) and everything works/seems great.

Just thought I'd let you know about my experience.

Darryl
cheers.gif

Glad you finally got them.

They sure look like they are built for the industrial market don't they? I use th B31 for my LS1.

Richin Chicago:

Yea, they look and feel real nice from the outside, and I'll know how they look on the inside in about 3,000 miles!

Thanks again for the help.

Darryl
cheers.gif

Sacrifice one of them now!
smile.gif

Just cut that bad-boy open and take some pics for all the rest of us to see.
smile.gif

I already did just that
grin.gif
!

I'll just have to try to explain what I saw, because I can't find the slot on my computer where I insert the Polaroid picture
dunno.gif

The attention to detail is outstanding. There are no glue "clumps" splattered on the filter media. The filter media is thick and perfectly spaced.

The center tube has a ton of little "perforations" in it and it looks like it would flow with very little restriction.

The filter shell feels about the same as a Mobil 1 in terms of strength.

A large coil spring, metal end-caps and the typical black ADV make up the rest of the filter.

I have previously cut open:

Wix(51085), NAPA NASCAR Select(91085), K&N(HP-2004), M1(204), Pure One(PL-14670)

ALL of the other filters I cut open had something that bothered me in terms of detail. i.e. glue clumps all over the media, unevenly spaced filter media, rust/machining dust in the filter ect.

I know that alot of these little "detail" issues that I'm talking about probably don't matter.(except maybe the rust/machining dust)

But if I were going to make a filter, it would look just like the Baldwin B34 does.

Anyone know where that Polaroid slot is?
confused.gif

Darryl
cheers.gif

After reading alot of Ray H's posts I'm getting used to his style,class and manners......Or LACK there of.
rolleyes.gif

Darryl

Darryl,

You mentioned you had cut open a PureOne and found something that bothered you. Do you remember what? I'm trying to decide what filters to use, was tempted to try Baldwin based on the data on OilFilterStudy.com, currently using PureOne.

Ron

turnipgreen:

The Pure One #PL-14670 is the filter that had some type of "rusty looking crud" on the top and sides of the top metal end cap.

The best way I can describe it is, it looked like the end cap had been sitting out in the elements for a while before installation.

Other than that it looked fine.
wink.gif

Darryl

$5.54 unit pricing for standard filtration media with nitrile gasket and ADB flap. Waste one to impress the rabble. Makes perfect sense to me. For less than that, I can buy a Purolator "Pure One" with known synthetic media, established minimum filtration efficiency, and silicone gasket and ADB flap. But, "You get what you pay for." applies, right?
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
$5.54 unit pricing for standard filtration media with nitrile gasket and ADB flap. Waste one to impress the rabble. Makes perfect sense to me. For less than that, I can buy a Purolator "Pure One" with known synthetic media, established minimum filtration efficiency, and silicone gasket and ADB flap. But, "You get what you pay for." applies, right?
wink.gif

Hope you don't start anything with that Ray.
itschy.gif

What is with all the hoopla on Baldwin. I don't get what sets it apart from others?

-T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back