Recalculated my OCI for 4x a year rather than 3x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I do time ocis based on the anticipated miles driven in that time. Numerous advantages, but not the point of this post. I have a new Acura RSX, 10k mfg oci. I was going for 3x a year ocis, 2 GC and 1 Mobil 1, both 0w-30.

The problem is that I am driving at least 2500, even 3000 miles a month. Sure, I can see 10k intervals on GC and even M1, but I don't want to surpass that, about 9k and I'm good. So, 3 months...if I go 7500 miles, that's decent treatment for a nice new car, but it might be more like 9000 miles. If I happened to drive 3000 miles for 4 months, that's a 12k oci...why push it?

So, does this seem like a better plan? I have the oil here and frankly, feel silly planning economical ocis out 3 years from now. If I have the oil, why not use it and keep my car in top shape, engine totally clean?

So, I'll do GC from mar-apr-may/jun-jul-aug and Mobil 1 sept-oct-nov/dec-jan-feb. I should not exceed 9000 and not less than 7500 miles.

Sounds like a plan ..but man, your butt is in the seat a great deal.

Keep up the workout at the gym. Your Acura will do fine ..but sitting that much plays heck* with the waistline.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back