Rebuild complete, off the stand and on the hook.

I love these older vehicles! Great to see you keeping it roadworthy! Is this a restoration or a resto-mod?
It's been mostly in crates for 17 years. I'm tired of pushing it on and off the lift so it's primer and whatever else it needs, rebuilt engine, windshield etc.. to be driven while I figure out her long term prognosis.

Schweeet!
Two four barrels side by side.
Make it look like a Max.
Old man I met at a gas station had this since new he was 71.
But the spark plugs were in the valve covers:p

Attachments

• 20200522_123631.jpg
    20200522_123631.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Why not stick a carb and distributor in it while on the stand and fire it up before installing? Would hate to have to take it back out if there was even a minor issue that only can be addressed with the engine out.
If he's confident in his work he shouldn't have to do that.
A good pipe fitter can take all of his measurements of a header, pipe assembly, etc., cut and fit them together, then have his welder weld it up, and install it with confidence. A stove piper can only mock-up the assemblies one piece at a time. That's what separates the men from the boys!
:cool:;)

Schweeet!
Two four barrels side by side.
Make it look like a Max.
Old man I met at a gas station had this since new he was 71.
But the spark plugs were in the valve covers:p
Beauty of a car ! Those hemi cars are rare. Most of them have long since been crushed. Nobody wanted to adjust valves all the time in those first couple year Hemi's. Race only on the 426 in 1964 iirc.

Here are a couple pics of the installed drivetrain from underneath. Will try and get some engine bay pic's when the car is back on the ground.
20201224_094301_resized.jpg
20201224_094346_resized.jpg

Back