Rearview mirror fell off; Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Hawkeye, you are South Khakilacky? You note I use the proper Indian spelling. I did the same re:time, but had to have a second cup of coffee before tackling the job. By then it was as close to 75* as I dared go. The hardest part is locating the proper spot to anchor the mirror once you have cleaned all the old adheasive off the windshield. So before you scrap or scour the adhesive off, go outside with a non-permanent marker and circle the spot BEFORE you clean it indside. As they say, location is everything. I took some of the new blue masking tape that doesn't stick /forever/ to glass and made a tic-tac-toe around the spot. That helps when you are inside and trying to depress the metal button against the glass. Believe me on this one. Now I am a great one for 'if one drop is good, then two drops are better and three drops is just right' Listen to the instructions. one drop is all is needed. My method had the button skidding around the windshield in figure eights. I let my overly doused button cure longer than the 15 minutes called for by the instructions. I had a third cup of java. It's still holding and we have had some warm days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back