Rear right brakes dragging

I've got a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L with 56k miles. All 4 pads wear changed maybe a year ago with Ceramic pads from Autozone. Today I noticed when I would apply the brakes the car would brake fine, But when I released the brake all sides would release except for the rear right side. It felt like the brake was still on and was slow to release. Do I have a sticking piston or could one of the caliper guides be stuck?

Either of those is possible

Do you use the parking brake? Non-use of the parking brake can cause premature rear caliper failure.

56k is low mileage for a 2013. I know it doesn't sound like an old car (2013 still sounds very very new to me!), but that's about half the typical mileage rate.

If you need new calipers, the Raybestos all-new non-reman calipers are a great choice.

Either of those is possible

Do you use the parking brake? Non-use of the parking brake can cause premature rear caliper failure.

56k is low mileage for a 2013. I know it doesn't sound like an old car (2013 still sounds very very new to me!), but that's about half the typical mileage rate.

If you need new calipers, the Raybestos all-new non-reman calipers are a great choice.
Nope, never used the parking brake the 8 years I've had it.

I'll probably spray down the inside of the caliper with brake cleaner and lubricate the caliper slide pins with white lithium grease. If that doesn't solve the issue, looks like it's time for a new caliper.

Where can I find the Raybestos Calipers? I know auto zone and advance auto calipers come with a lifetime warranty.

Nope, never used the parking brake the 8 years I've had it.

I'll probably spray down the inside of the caliper with brake cleaner and lubricate the caliper slide pins with white lithium grease. If that doesn't solve the issue, looks like it's time for a new caliper.

Where can I find the Raybestos Calipers? I know auto zone and advance auto calipers come with a lifetime warranty.

Rock Auto has the Raybestos calipers.

I don't think white lithium grease is the right stuff to use for the slide pins or anywhere on the brakes :unsure:

What you could try doing before you buy new calipers is to buy just the slide pins, which you should be able to get from Autozone, and pick up some Sil-Glyde while you're there. If that doesn't work, and the brakes still drag after replacing the sldie pins, then order the new calipers.

Sounds like a caliper issue to me. RockAuto has Raybestos calipers. When you replace it if that’s what it is I would replace both so you won’t have uneven pad wear with one side putting more pressure on them. I’ve also seen the brake hoses fall apart on the inside and cause the caliper to stick as well so you may want to see if it’s the hoses. Use Brake Grease for the slide pins and all the brake components not white lithium grease I recommend either Permatex or Sil-Glyde.

Sounds like a caliper issue to me. RockAuto has Raybestos calipers. When you replace it if that’s what it is I would replace both so you won’t have uneven pad wear with one side putting more pressure on them. I’ve also seen the brake hoses fall apart on the inside and cause the caliper to stick as well so you may want to see if it’s the hoses. Use Brake Grease for the slide pins and all the brake components not white lithium grease I recommend either Permatex or Sil-Glyde.
When and if I replace the calipers, I have to flush/bleed the brakes right?

Correct as their will be air in the system.
Yeah, Idk if I'll have time to do them myself. Might have to get the calipers done. I wonder if not flushing out the brake fluid with new one has something to do with this? I haven't flushed the brakes out since the car was new. The car was driven by my son for the first 4 years to and from college. Then I took it after he brought a car for himself.

Yeah, Idk if I'll have time to do them myself. Might have to get the calipers done. I wonder if not flushing out the brake fluid with new one has something to do with this? I haven't flushed the brakes out since the car was new. The car was driven by my son for the first 4 years to and from college. Then I took it after he brought a car for himself.
Shouldn’t have anything to do with it. We haven’t flushed the brakes in any of our cars in years. I just fill it up time to time if it needs it. Unless something got in that was blocking the line I don’t think it would be causing it. If you have time check to see if the piston on the caliper is rusty pull back the boot and look that will usually tell you if that is the problem.

I tried bleeding the brakes on my 09 BMW with a speed bleeder and the **** thing wouldn't work 😃. So, I returned the bleeder and just paid my indy shop $85 to flush the fluid out.
It’s much easier to do with a second set of legs lol. I haven’t ever had luck with those one person bleeder kits.

I’ve never had that happen before haven’t heard of that happening I’ve done it tons of times never had an issue. That’s probably one of those wives tales everyone says lol.
Could be lol. It’s supposed to snow tomorrow so I won’t be able to look at anything on the car until the weekend. Guess it’ll just sit outside until Saturday 😀.

Could be lol. It’s supposed to snow tomorrow so I won’t be able to look at anything on the car until the weekend. Guess it’ll just sit outside until Saturday 😀.
It’s supposed to be cold here lol no snow for awhile luckily. For me I have to do everything in my gravel driveway lol. Unless I go to the place where I went to school but I have to reserve a time to go so it’s kind of inconvenient.

It’s supposed to be cold here lol no snow for awhile luckily. For me I have to do everything in my gravel driveway lol. Unless I go to the place where I went to school but I have to reserve a time to go so it’s kind of inconvenient.
I could pull the car in the garage and have my son take a look at it 🤔 😂. I think we’re supposed to have like 1-2 inches of snow. Nothing serious.

I could pull the car in the garage and have my son take a look at it 🤔 😂. I think we’re supposed to have like 1-2 inches of snow. Nothing serious.
Yeah I am in the process of turning my carport into a garage but it’s to cold outside to work on it lol. And I just have my parents who aren’t able to get down and help me a whole lot so I mostly have to do everything on my own unless my brother in law helps me. Hope you can determine what’s going on and get it fixed.

Yeah I am in the process of turning my carport into a garage but it’s to cold outside to work on it lol. And I just have my parents who aren’t able to get down and help me a whole lot so I mostly have to do everything on my own unless my brother in law helps me. Hope you can determine what’s going on and get it fixed.
Yeah, I don’t want to drive the car with a messed up brake caliper or whatever it is. Hopefully is not the caliper.

Yeah, I don’t want to drive the car with a messed up brake caliper or whatever it is. Hopefully is not the caliper.
Yeah I wouldn’t my dad done that once and messed up the rotors on it so had to replace both calipers and both rotors he wasn’t too happy lol. It’s always good to avoid it if you do have sticking brakes.

Back