Rear brake sound when stopping in reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents,

I am having an interesting sound coming from my rear brakes when I stop from reversing, for example, when I'm pulling out the drive way or a parking space. It kind of sounds like a loud "hum" that lasts a spit second, until the car actually stops.

I changed the rear brakes and rotors about 1500 miles ago.

2006 Hyundai Elantra Limited, 88,XXX miles.

Do you notice any dragging while you are driving forward? What kind of brake pads? What lube did you use on the pads? Has it done this since you did the brakes or did it start recently? Does it only do it when the brakes are cold?

I apologize for working my way to 20 questions, but I think we all need some more info if we are going to attempt to help.

Originally Posted By: lugNutz
Do you notice any dragging while you are driving forward? No, no dragging.

What kind of brake pads? Regular duralast.

What lube did you use on the pads? Put silicone base lube on back of pad and on sliders.

Has it done this since you did the brakes or did it start recently? Just started after most recent brake job

Does it only do it when the brakes are cold? The only time it makes the noise is when I'm reversing out the drive way or out a parking spot, so I guess you can say that.

Maybe check your exhaust hangers, sometimes the rubber will stretch out and your exhaust pipe will rub something underneath the vehicle.

Originally Posted By: kwooten31
Maybe check your exhaust hangers, sometimes the rubber will stretch out and your exhaust pipe will rub something underneath the vehicle.

Interesting...the sound only comes when I apply the brakes before going from reverse to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back