Rear A/C drain tube

My Pilot has front & rear automatic climate control and I usually set the A/C to 70 AUTO for both to let the system do its thang. The front drain always drips but I had never seen the rear one drip. I was about to crawl under the car to see if the rear drain was clogged when I decided to first manually crank the rear A/C to LO max, and VOILA, the rear drain started dripping! I set it back to 70 AUTO and then it stopped. Changing from recirc to fresh air mode didn't make a difference.

The air is cold & I'm glad the drain isn't clogged but I'm perplexed by this dripping behavior. I feel like the rear A/C system should be dripping out condensation at 70 AUTO on a hot, muggy day, like the front A/C always does.

Maybe the front does most of the work that's why the rear doesnt drip as much? Can you turn off the front Ac completly and have the rear Ac on all by itself to see if the rear drips more?

I've owned owed a few Suburbans & Tahoes with rear A/C, On a hot humid day.....Both units would shed water.

With yours set on AUTO.....The system could be throttling the rear unit via the temp blend door?

My '84 Toyota Van (RIP) would only drip out of the rear unit on the most humid of days. Not as many BTUs back there. (Still drew so many HP from the forklift engine that I couldn't use overdrive.)

Back