Really? What are your thoughts?

That guy, or any of those Ford techs and their Lucas better stay away from my engine.

Prejudiced much?! I did really like his diagnostic scanner, and didn't think he was a bad guy.

Biggest beef I have with him, is he said his favorite pickup is chevy. But I didn't even hold that against the guy, and start trash talking him. We can't all, please 100% of others!
I'm certain that your methods make plenty of others shake their heads, and just walk away.

I guarantee you that I have my haters, doesn't mean my opinions are any less important than theirs.

Last edited:
Bearings worn enough at 180K to lower oil pressure? Humm ... why, because of using 5W-20 its whole life?

What engine? What weight oil were they using?

The owner commented that it is a 5.0.

Assuming we believe him, for this particular truck, the solution worked. That doesn't mean it will always work or that there is not another way to accomplish the same thing.

Interestingly - My work truck exhibited the same symptom at a much lower mileage and something completely different fixed it, its a Ford but not a 5.0 or an F150.

I hope the Wizard fixed that grill while he was there...

If lucas was his fix hes not much of a mechanic in my opinion. I would bet money they were running 5W20 oil. Why not just go up a grade and skip the junk lucas?
If you watch the video, he initially called BS on the suggestion to use Lucas.... he then hooked up an actual oil pressure gauge after putting it in there to verify it was working. I do agree however on just running a higher viscosity oil instead of adding Lucas to a thinner oil.

I love how not even 2:00 in he says "Really sad how they designed those engines." when speaking of the 5.4 3v :ROFLMAO:

Name me an engine besides the Coyote that Ford has made in the last 10 years where you can't say that!

I don't blame him for liking GM trucks better. With GM, every engine is easier to work on and every transmission is easier to work on. And the V8 5.0 is good in the Mustang, believe me I know, but isn't a torque-biased engine like the LS engines. I cannot stand Ford trucks... never could.

If I needed a full-size pickup, well... I'd buy a Toyota.

The owner commented that it is a 5.0.

Assuming we believe him, for this particular truck, the solution worked. That doesn't mean it will always work or that there is not another way to accomplish the same thing.

Interestingly - My work truck exhibited the same symptom at a much lower mileage and something completely different fixed it, its a Ford but not a 5.0 or an F150.

I hope the Wizard fixed that grill while he was there...
It's a 5.4 3V (he states in the video), I would be willing to wager he has a worse version of what is wrong with my MGM-the timing chain tensioner seals are failing and allowing the oil to leak out, and will eventually result in cam/head damage. Thicker oil will mask the problem for a while, but it will toast the heads eventually. Guy's a hack for using Lucas anyway, he should use Rislone or STP!! (sarcasm mode off)

It's a 5.4 3V (he states in the video), I would be willing to wager he has a worse version of what is wrong with my MGM-the timing chain tensioner seals are failing and allowing the oil to leak out, and will eventually result in cam/head damage. Thicker oil will mask the problem for a while, but it will toast the heads eventually. Guy's a hack for using Lucas anyway, he should use Rislone or STP!! (sarcasm mode off)

He says it is NOT a 5.4 and I am 99.9% certain you could not get a 5.4 in 2011.

The engine actually requires the new 0w100 formula.

I love how not even 2:00 in he says "Really sad how they designed those engines." when speaking of the 5.4 3v :ROFLMAO:

Name me an engine besides the Coyote that Ford has made in the last 10 years where you can't say that!

The 3.3 is a great engine.

The 3.5 EcoBoost seems to be a problem child.

Dad used to have 8 pickups with the 3.5 EcoBoost engine in his fleet of company vehicles. All 8 had major issues, and he swore to never own another EcoBoost engine in anything, ever again. The F150 pickups with 5.0 engines, which he has had a long time, are all fine, as are the ones with 3.3 engines.

Dad used to have 8 pickups with the 3.5 EcoBoost engine in his fleet of company vehicles. All 8 had major issues, and he swore to never own another EcoBoost engine in anything, ever again.
Had an F150 with the 3.5 EcoBoost on a farm I managed. It was a POS at low mileage that ended up with rod knock on two cylinders and we had to threaten with a lawsuit and force Ford to buy the truck back. It's fine to have a junk product if you stand behind it. Ford doesn't. What's better is that it got HORRENDOUS fuel economy. Worst I've ever seen in a light duty pickup.
Praying the 7.3L...........
I think a lot of people are. If I had to buy a Ford tomorrow that would be the engine I'd be buying. I hope a pushrod V8 is hard to screw up but those silly engineers, bean counters, and CAFE regs always find a way.

Back