Really old can of Eon E-11 on E-Bay....

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who like old oil cans, here's a rare one - a can of Eon E-11 'synthetic motor fluid':

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pacer-EON-E-11-Synth...1QQcmdZViewItem

I think if you researched it, you would find that this can is a really, realy early one (ie 1970-1972), b/c if you look at the April 1976 PS article on synthetic oil, they have a picture of Eon E-11, and it looks very different - much more 'modern' looking, relatively speaking. Also, this isn't called 'engine oil' its called 'synthetic motor fluid', which is what Conoco Polar Start from 1968-1970-ish was called.

That's a real vintage one - brings back memories. We started selling them around 1973. I wrote the seller to see if it says 10W-40 and SE/CC on it.

Tom NJ

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ
That's a real vintage one - brings back memories. We started selling them around 1973. I wrote the seller to see if it says 10W-40 and SE/CC on it.

Tom NJ

It should, I don't think Eon E-11 came in other viscosities?

Let us know what the seller says, if you get an answer.....

The seller did reply as follows:

"Hi there.

It says SAE 10w40 on the top. On the back it says it's the
first hydro-carbon free motor oil. Surpasses API Service
Classification SE. These cans have been on our shelf in our shop
for at least 30 years that i know of."

Tom NJ

Wow. What a find. Wish I had the $$$ and room for one...

This was an all-diester based 10W-40, designed to go 25,000 miles, right?

If it's the Hatco oil in the can, and I believe it is, yes it was a 100% diester based 10W-40 SE/CC oil. Performance claims beyond API credentials were left to the rebranders, but most if not all promoted 25,000 mile OCIs.

I'd like to buy it for nostalgia, but I know it will just end up in a box in the basement.

Tom NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back