Real professional

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCN6307a.jpg

Sure, let's leave a luggage cart with an unintended sunroof within plain view of all the suckers sitting at the gate, bored out of their minds, staring out the window...

Hopefully the money they've not spent on replacing these is going into safety of the aircraft. I'll take that over a rained-on suitcase any day.

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
Hopefully the money they've not spent on replacing these is going into safety of the aircraft. I'll take that over a rained-on suitcase any day.
crackmeup2.gif

I saw on our local news about how the airline industry is suffering badly in this recession. They say airline travel was down 8% after 9/11, some survived bankruptcy. but air travel is down 15% in this recession. They are afraid that since their airliners use Jet fuel. They are a target of the administration because Amtrak got bailout money. Plus, they know a cross country high speed train rail wants to be developed in this country which will hurt the airlines. In other words, alot of airlines will be out of business soon.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I saw on our local news about how the airline industry is suffering badly in this recession. They say airline travel was down 8% after 9/11, some survived bankruptcy. but air travel is down 15% in this recession. They are afraid that since their airliners use Jet fuel. They are a target of the administration because Amtrak got bailout money. Plus, they know a cross country high speed train rail wants to be developed in this country which will hurt the airlines. In other words, alot of airlines will be out of business soon.

Rail=soccer in the United States. Everyone says they want it.

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch

Rail=soccer in the United States. Everyone says they want it.

WASHINGTON — Amtrak ridership in Fiscal Year 2007 increased to 25,847,531, marking the fifth straight year of gains and setting a record for the most passengers using Amtrak trains since the National Railroad Passenger Corporation started operations in 1971.

This total, for the period October 1, 2006-September 30, 2007, topped the 24,306,965 for the previous 12 months and is greater than the passenger count of 25.03 million reached in 2004, before Amtrak transitioned some services to a commuter rail operator.

Total ticket revenue for the fiscal year, $1.5 billion was an 11 percent increase over the $1.37 billion in FY06. If other income from contract services is included, the railroad's total revenue was $2.2 billion for the fiscal year.

Link

I'd sooner just drive myself than take a train. I want to stop when I want to stop, not when Amtrak wants to stop. Seems like a cross-country trip would take forever via train.

I'm seeing some unbelievable fares at the airlines recently. My sister priced a ticket from ATL to DFW for October and it's $169. I paid twice that much to go there for Christmas in 2008.

I love to fly, but TSA and the airlines make it difficult to enjoy anymore.

I've long thought a better "car train" network would work well. Park your own vehicle on a flat rail car, redeye (sleeper car) to some point 500 miles away in one night, resume driving your own car.

At least some of the cart is covered, most carts is not even covered. I can tell you that this would be one of the last thing an airline will replace. As long as it can get your bags from gate to gate, that's all they care about.

Originally Posted By: Blokey
At least that luggage tram didn't end up like this tote:

"I'm sorry, sir. I'm afraid we've lost your luggage"

Well, actually we know where it is, but...."

Quote:
I love to fly, but TSA and the airlines make it difficult to enjoy anymore

Yep, and those TSA employees think they are police with their bad attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back