Ready for more guilt? Not me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: splinter
Don't them animal things contribute excrement, flatulence and other gaseous stuff too?
But they are tasty.

Humankind is already responsible for the extinction of a lot more than 30% of the species on the planet. Don't blame it on a gas pump. The warning label is ok with me as long as there's a provision in the bill to have it removed at the next ice age.

Originally Posted By: Win
I'd use the adjacent space on my pumps to post unflattering pictures and abusive commentary on the people responsible.

The first amendment lets you get pretty rough on public figures. I'd take full advantage of that.

Green groups in Oz have been using projectors to display images, words, and discredit financial institutions who fund coal power onto the cooling towers of power stations.

Apparently as they don't trespass, and aren't leaving a permanent mark on the property, they are behaving legally, and can't be prosecuted.

I'm sure that there's something that can be done using that principal.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Win
I'd use the adjacent space on my pumps to post unflattering pictures and abusive commentary on the people responsible.

The first amendment lets you get pretty rough on public figures. I'd take full advantage of that.

Green groups in Oz have been using projectors to display images, words, and discredit financial institutions who fund coal power onto the cooling towers of power stations.

Apparently as they don't trespass, and aren't leaving a permanent mark on the property, they are behaving legally, and can't be prosecuted.

I'm sure that there's something that can be done using that principal.

Where do they plug in their projectors? Portable generators?

Gotta love the irony.

Back to the gas pump labels, ah, it's another label everybody will ignore.

I am pro environmental. But the things politicians come up with is truly beyond asinine.

Look up front..Krusty the Clown is driving the bus.

simp...=20130716154303

Last edited:
What about geo engineering. the toxics the military spewes out daily. What about all the goodies from China. Mostly it is the idiots being fooled about their stupidity.

Originally Posted By: CT8
What about geo engineering. the toxics the military spewes out daily. What about all the goodies from China. Mostly it is the idiots being fooled about their stupidity.
Gruber was right. Orwell would love it.

Of course, a key part of the argument is "sea level rise".

And, as always, the data is being manipulated.

Consider this fact. Sea level rise is a fact of life. It's been going on since the end of the last ice age. The ice is melting, and has been doing so for the last 20,000 years. Whether humans contribute to the melt or not, it's happening.

The projection is that within 2000 years, all the remaining ice will have melted and the sea level will peak. Mankind's contribution may or may not change this date by 200 to 300 years, or worst case, about 10%.

I think the remarkable thing here is that some people think it's ok to force this "speech" upon others. What about the proprietor who owns the gas station and operates a business? It's ok for loonies to just come into your place and attach negative labels (possibly killing off some business) upon your equipment? What right does government have to do that? More importantly...what LEGAL right? He's breaking no laws. What about the hypocrisy of the environmental impact making those labels and attaching them? How would any other business owner feel if this is allowed to happen at the behest of a city council?
Unbelievable.

Last edited:
No one is forcing anyone to change their mind by placing a label. Practically every product sold to the public has warning labels on them. It has nothing to do with your own freedom of speech as a seller of products. You can still speak whatever you want. Law says you must warn people on things they buy, as the new owners of the product many times they should be warned. First of all this hasn't even happened. It is a waste of time and money if it does. That's why it is important to vote in city elections, and read up on the candidates.

Uh, being the cheap a$$ that I am - I simply buy my gas outside of Seattle to save a few bucks. That way I won't see these provocative images and consider lighting my car on fire and transitioning to one bicycle with wife and three kids in a convenient bicycle trailer... in the rain.

Those warnings have really got me thinking; and I think I am ready to do the world a real solid favour and invest in one of those VW turbo diesels: I am told they emanate roses, kale and chia seeds directly from their tail pipes; and the faster you drive the larger the Brazilian rainforest becomes.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Huge waste of government resources.

Selectively harassing and accusatory.

That warning label actually applies to just about everything we use. Why is this warning label being targeted at gas?

I can't even think of a stupider warning label than that.

Why not put labels on politicians, well think about it, all that hot air, contributing to global warming!

Originally Posted By: andrewg
The Seattle morons in city council are on the verge of another bright idea.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Seatt...-331846621.html

It never surprises me the decisions these people come up with in Seattle. I used to enjoy my visits to the city....but it's just going way too far in one direction for me to enjoy anymore.

Oh Gawd....now Austin will want it as they're so "me too, me too!" about all of this hip/hop/flip/flop AGW non-sense. You can easily spot these Seattle hipsters down here because they're wearing BLACK when it's 100°F outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back