Reactive or Proactive wheel alignments?

Yeah, I too have the Firestone lifetime alignment. I only go when I need to. Never had a problem scheduling one promptly and they never give me any trouble. But, they sometimes do a lousy job. I usually have to go 3x to get it right. Oh well, still a good deal lol, my time isn’t worth much I guess.
I just drop it off and walk home so I can relate to the time wasted being better than paying for it. I kept all the receipts for a while and they even adjust the #'s sometimes so it shows all green on the cartoon printout

I hit a raised manhole cover a few weeks ago and bent my right front wheel, so got a new wheel and two tires on the front, and got an alignment, even though there was no pulling. The right front was .21 when it should be -.01, otherwise everything else was in spec. Glad I did it. Got the lifetime alignment, so I plan to be proactive going forward.

I was an alignment guy in a former life.

If the tires are not wearing weird, it drives ok and the steering wheel is straight… don’t mess with it.
This. In my opinion, the tire shops that preach the need for alignments (“lifetime” or otherwise) are going to ensure that you come back for tires. It’s in their benefit to have the camber slightly off where you get tire wear. Even when an attentive owner (not many) discovers uneven tire wear and comes back for the recheck they are then greasing the customer to purchase tires. If not tires they are hawking brake pads, shocks, and some sort of premature fluid flush. In my opinion….

This. In my opinion, the tire shops that preach the need for alignments (“lifetime” or otherwise) are going to ensure that you come back for tires. It’s in their benefit to have the camber slightly off where you get tire wear. Even when an attentive owner (not many) discovers uneven tire wear and comes back for the recheck they are then greasing the customer to purchase tires. If not tires they are hawking brake pads, shocks, and some sort of premature fluid flush. In my opinion….
Firestone tried to sell me $600 of maintenance work last time. All based on mileage which is dumb because I’d already done all of it. Lol.

Firestone tried to sell me $600 of maintenance work last time. All based on mileage which is dumb because I’d already done all of it. Lol.
I had a state inspection on my then 2 year old truck at a local Firestone. The service advisor came to me and said, “your battery is failing and needs replacing”. I laughed at him in front of other customers in the waiting area and told him, “nice try however my vehicle is covered under the three year bumper to bumper coverage”. He just walked off….
That was three years ago and the battery lasted up until this summer. They use scare tactics especially on folks who don’t know much about cars. They (Firestone) are not to be trusted….

The lifetime Firestone alignment program is akin to the Costco $4.99 baked chicken program regarding intended purpose, LOL.

Reminded me of one of the alignments the guy said my steering stabilizer needed replacement. I took it off and it seemed perfectly fine, I painted it and put it back. Went back and they aligned it without saying anything was wrong.

Back