RE: Schaeffer's oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Hi,

After reading a few posts about the lack of popularity, and thinking about my own curiosity about schaeffer's oil, I would liek to see the following. I know that this site can't endorse schaeffer's anymore, but this info would be great to see...

If I go into wal-mart, k-mart, autozone or any other place that sells auto parts, I can look at all the oils, read the bottles, and see the prices. Mixing the knowledge found here, info from the TDS, and price, i can decide what oils I should buy.

I can get UOA, VOA, TDS, and firsthand info regarding Schaeffer's. but I can't seem to get prices. I'd like to know how much #700 costs per quart or gallon. Id like to know how the (701, I believe) 5w-30 does in price as well. Additionally, there seem to be a nunmber of interesting products, but without knowing price, I am not going to pursue them, when I can get GTX, pennzoil, mobil products, Amsoil at a local parts dealer, etc.
If there was a storefront, or even a price sheet, in excel, etc., it would be great.

I don't want to take the effort to contact reps, and then just waste their time if I decide I don't want the product.

Would this be possible??? I can't imagine the reps would have a problem making this up, and I can't imagine it would be a problem posting retail prices on here, certianly if a request like this is made, to see the prices on most or all motor oil products.

Thanks

JMH

"I don't want to take the effort to contact reps, and then just waste their time if I decide I don't want the product."

I spent a minute calling "Tim's" and spoke to Dennis who gave me prices on a few of Schaeffer's products. He was very polite and did not appear as if I was "wasting his time." When I do decide to purchase the product, I'll purchase from them.

There is much to be said about "experimenting" with various products. A LOT OF RESEARCH is required to truly judge which product is BEST FOR YOUR PARTICULAR VEHICLE. I really don't believe that the products spoken here are "snake-oil", but each does have it's own niche depending on the individual.

Just my "newbie" opinion.
tongue.gif

[ March 20, 2003, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: uconn1150 ]

People, please. Retail/consumer marketing is just not the focus of Schaeffer's. It just happens that some of their product line is very appealing to consumers, because of quality, performance and price. Schaeffer's products are not the only commercial products that I take a little bit of extra effort to get. I'm prepared to go to a warehouse like setting, with cash , to buy certain products from a distributor because I want the product and I understand I'm not part of their target market. Freakin' grow up and deal with it! By the way, I don't have to do that to get Schaeffer's stuff, but I was prepared to do so when I discovered them about 5 years ago. As far as wasting a rep's time; that's their job ! Now go call Schaeffer's, get the name/number of the local rep and call them. If you're anywhere near farm country, there's a good chance he/she is a former farmer and friendly as heck.

Look, very simple.

I for one think if you're interested in schaeffers, you can contact myself or Tim. Easy as that. It has not been of any problem for anyone one on here to get our products. I cannot say how easy it is to get it from scheaffers themselves as some have experienced different levels of compentence, but that is why the board is here, so anyone on here wanting a product, USE THE SITE SUPPORTERS NOT GO ELSE WHERE, this way it helps us keep this site FREE TO YOU AND SHOWS YOUR SUPPORT by BUYING HERE.

Tim's number is flashing at the top, easy to find, my email address, easy to find, Ed can forward it too, so no excuse, you can't get it, it is very easy, has been, still is.

Thanks.
bob

[ March 21, 2003, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

quote:

I spent a minute calling "Tim's" and spoke to Dennis who gave me prices on a few of Schaeffer's products. He was very polite and did not appear as if I was "wasting his time." When I do decide to purchase the product, I'll purchase from them.
tongue.gif
[/QB]

I've twice failed to get product from a local rep after calling. Both times I waited 3 weeks and finally called Tim and the product arrived Fed X ground in a few days.

From now on I'll only be ordering from Tim as he is a site supporter and provides excellant service as well. I recommend anyone who wants to try a product to call Tim. The shipping cost was really not that much - perhaps a buck or so different than what I would have paid locally for the same orders. I was/am very happy that I ordered from Tim.
grin.gif

Perhaps I missed a connection here. Is Tim's the same place that shows an (800) phone number at the upper left hand corner of this page?
Thanks.

Ignore my above post - I just clicked on the picture and learned Tim's is Miller Outdoor Equipment, etc. Gotta get used to these new fangled devices.

I've bought Schaeffer Lab analysis kits via mail from both Dave & Bob-excellent turnaround time on both orders. I've bought all my BobZoil(OK, Schaeffer) oil & other products(SS7K 10w30, Dino-Moly SAE 30, two-cycle oil, grease, & Neutra) by dealing with Tim in person- I live about 75 miles away. If you're anywhere near Texarkana, Mills Outdoor Power is on Hwy 82, a few miles east of town. Tim's a stand-up guy, easy & pleasant to deal with, & I recommend him highly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back