Re: Auto-Rx and Lubrication

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am about to do an auto-rx treatment on a dodge diesel truck. I am concerned about lubrication and towing during the cycle. Will it be a bad thing to tow during the treatment? Any help would be much appreciated!
dunno.gif

You can drive it just like normal. Tow until your hearts content. Just make sure you follow the directions and use the correct dino oil for your application. And going over the mileage recommendations for each cycle won't hurt either. Make sure you use the mileage figures as a minimum.

Something too consider. I had recently bought my car and had no idea what oil or milage was on that oil so I did the AutoRX with a change. Dumped the AutoRX in the engine filled the AutoRX bottle with oil and then dumped the rest in the crankcase it was a 5 quart bottle so filling the AutoRX bottle with oil stopped me from overfilling. A little over 1300 miles into the cleansing the motor got a little noisier, I changed the filter and topped off with the oil in the AutoRX bottle, didn't get it quite full but close and well into the safe range(will depend on how much comes out in the filter change). Running nice and quiet again and I will probably drain it at about 1700 as long as it stays quiet.

Should be no problem at all. All of the cleaning esters in Auto-Rx are actually pretty good lubricant additives as well. The fatty acid esters(based on lanolin) act as a great corrosion inihibitor and provide a slight boost in EP. The aliphatic esters are the base for aviation lubes, and are quite oxidative resistant, as well as aid in oil film formation. Lastly the polyol esters is known for other applications where addition EP is required.

So to answer the question: You will not be sacrificing anything in lubricity by adding ARX to your host oil. This is the beautiful part of ARX.

Thanks for all of the info. I was just worried because I tow a gooseneck horse trailer. I wanted to make sure it would not create a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back