RC51 now using Schaeffer's

Status
Not open for further replies.
exposition:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000579

i ended up not using the bike much at all, instead of using it more for commuting as planned. so, i changed the amsoil because i'm at 12 months. UOA forthcoming, but it's only 650 miles of use.

i put in schaeffer's racing 20w50, SL rated. i was worried since the RC is one of the few hondas where the manual makes a big deal about not using oil with moly. i decided to take the chance.

i rode the bike today. no clutch problems at all. i've never been one to say i could feel any difference with oils at all, except for shift feel, but i must say i'm almost positive the engine is quieter and smoother. i think the cam gear drives aren't whining as much. also, the shift feel is incredible, it's never been this good, and that was an instant/immediate effect. (could that all be from viscosity, though?)

i'm pretty happy with it! i will do a UOA on it too, but no telling how soon that will be. its first day was already tough, though, 50 miles of 80-100mph cruising ending with 15 miles of first gear crawl with the temps pegging.

-michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back