RAYBESTOS PGD800M Element3

I bought a set of these for my Saab presuming that they would be a premium pad with F or G friction rating. On the side of pads themselves is a number ending in "ee". Could these pads be friction rated EE?

Well, usually the letters are upper case(capital letters) however, they may be ee/EE.
And with my experience, EE would be semi-metallic pads but, I guess they could be ceramic as well, I just don't know.
EE pads could be a more aggressive friction material meaning better initial bite.

They are semi-metallic. On the Raybestos site, they are listed as being in the "best" category. Isn't an EE rating the lowest?

Well, EE is the lowest letter designation that I am aware of however, I wouldn't think that it means lowest quality. But, I am still learning about brake Coefficient of Friction(CoF). I think(but don't really know) that the letter designation is a friction grading system but, not like a report card. It just lets Techs & DIYers know what we're getting once we understand the system. Again, I don't know this for a fact.

I am a fan of FF and simply DO NOT like GG. I've never had a set of GG pads that I've liked even though there are many members here that prefer the GG. I just don't seem to get the initial braking bite that I enjoy/prefer(such as most OE). Every time I've gotten a set of GG(before I knew what this all meant), I hated my brakes after the install but, never know why.

Last edited:
I bought a set of these for my Saab presuming that they would be a premium pad with F or G friction rating. On the side of pads themselves is a number ending in "ee". Could these pads be friction rated EE?
The Elements 3 hybrid EHT819H is the pad you want that is a GG pad and a good one. The 800M is a very aggressive metallic that will wear hard on the rotors, definitely not the best choice for your Saab.
On these cars I use the Textar, ATE, Pagid, or Mintex pads.

be a premium pad with F or G friction rating
Have never seen any correlation between friction rating and a marketing term that a brake manufacturer uses. Realize that, for example, "premium" means absolutely nothing, it's just opinion. One company's poor brake pad could be better than another company's premium brake pad.

I just put Element 3 pads on my 2000 Mustang. I got them from Rockauto and they were made in China. The pads stop well, but the hardware that came with them caused the brakes to stick and was really bad. Thankfully I was able to fish my old shims out of the trash.

Unfortunately, the Element 3 hybrid EHT819H doesn't seem to fit my '99 9-3. It's a little strange as the 9-5 and 9-3 OG usually take the same pads.

Unfortunately, the Element 3 hybrid EHT819H doesn't seem to fit my '99 9-3. It's a little strange as the 9-5 and 9-3 OG usually take the same pads.

The Saturn L-series (Opel Vectra) also takes these pads. Strangely, Akebono uses 800 for the Saturn and 819 for Saab, some use 819 for Saab and 800 for Saturn, and others consolidate both on the same pad! :alien: :unsure:

The EHT pads probably will fit your 9-3, but Akebono is better :D

EBC also makes separate 800 and 819 pads

The Saturn L-series (Opel Vectra) also takes these pads. Strangely, Akebono uses 800 for the Saturn and 819 for Saab, some use 800 for Saab and 819 for Saturn, and others consolidate both on the same pad! :alien: :unsure:

The EHT pads probably will fit your 9-3, but Akebono is better :D

EBC also makes separate 800 and 819 pads

oops, sorry for the mistake. I corrected it above :oops:

Back