Raybestos Element3 Brakes and rotors for a 2014 Toyota Corolla

Talking with my son yesterday he mentioned he needed to replace the brakes and rotors on his 2014 Corolla which is his in town DD. I got to thinking since his birthday is coming up soon that I would buy the pads and rotors and do it for him. I priced some pads and rotors at the Advanced Auto in town (one of only two auto parts stores here, the other is NAPA) and even with discounts it came to $271. I priced the Raybestos Element3 pads and rotors on Rock Auto and the total with shipping to my front doors is $130. Has anybody used this combination on a Corolla or something similar? If so, were there any fitment issues with either the pads or rotors? Thanks.

Reactions: JC1
Not on a Corolla, but I have used them on my daughter's Mazda 6 and on my GMC Sierra and I had no problems at all. They came with all of the hardware and I have been very satisfied. Buy with confidence.

Recently installed Element 3 pads and rotors on a 2012 Camry. I think the cost was about the same as yours...
100% satisfied. You won't be sorry.

I have also used the pads on our 2001 Tundra with great results.
These are my go to brake components going forward.

Not on a Corolla, sorry. But I've use them three times on two Jeeps and a Subaru in the rear, and they're quite good for the money. I'd use them for your application w/o hesitation.

I put them on my Ford C-Max and they were phenomenal. They are smooth to engage so they are nice when stop and go traffic (other performance pads that I’ve tried felt like I was brake-checking folks every time I’d tap the brakes) but have a ton of bite if you get on them in an emergency.

As others have said they are good pads and rotors. Have them on my Dodge Caravan. Bought the rotors for my civic with akebono pads for the civic which will be installed next year.

I will probably look at the same rotors and pads for the Caravan s rear brakes.

Purchased at Rockauto as well.

Not on a Corolla but I can assure you that you will be happy with those and get your money’s worth. In my opinion much better than Auto Parts Store ones. I have that combination on my truck got them from RockAuto great brakes.

I have the Element3 rotors and pads on my '07 Pacifica. While I don't have a ton of miles on them, they've been great so far. Coating on the rotors is holding up well. The pads are an unbelievable value-- they're consistently one of the cheaper pads available and they are among the best I've used. They have a "GG" rating so should equal of exceed the stopping power of most OEM pads.

Pedal feel is great, bite is good, haven't had any issues with dusting. Just great all around pads IMO.

I put a set on a 2013 outback they were the best set out of 3 I put on that car.

I also used them on the front or rears of a 2010 accent.. I would have done both ends but it wasnt available iirc.
those were fine also.

Not in my experience. Had them on a 2011 Honda Civic (front pads) and are now on a 2011 VW Sportwagon (front and rear pads). Many people on this forum will attest to the quality of the pads. Plus, I've used their Element 3 coated rotors on my 2011 Mazda CX-7, 2014 Ford EDGE and that 2011 VW wagon.

Brakes making noise has many causes, pad quality is only one of them, and one of the less likely ones at that.

I actually heard that from this forum. I have no experience with them.

I don't have any noise problems with Toyota brake pads.

Back