Ravenol VSE 0w20

Originally Posted by PWMDMD
Originally Posted by DuckRyder
I did get it at Blauparts. It'll be interesting to see how the UOA compares to the FF and the Castrol. I agree they both have nice bottles, with the nod going to the Ravenol for packaging.
My educated guess is absolutely no meaningful or significant difference on the UOAs. When was the last time ANY UOA of two appropriately spec'd oils, over the same OCI and assuming break-in was over for both, showed any significant difference?

Or more significantly, one that can be attributed to the oil. That's really the key on everything that is posted here, conclusions are drawn all the time on observations that cannot be attributed to one isolated variable. A fatal flaw in nearly every UOA or fuel economy post we see.

on datasheet you can see -sometimes- NOACK - low is better - very imortant for modern motors and TBN - resistence against acids - High is better. I use Ravenol because Iam from Europe, it is fine brand most in transmission oils.
No problem with this brand. But oil change interval is more important than brand of oil.

Does this RAVENOL VSE 0w20 VW Blue Oil have organic tungsten/wolfram? Specifically, "amines, bis (C11-14-branched and linear alkyl), tungstates" CAS-No.: 1159919-46-6. How do VSE, EHS, DFE, EFS, and EcoSynth ECS in 0w20 grade compare (these are the only 0w20 grades available for sale)? I just want to purchase whatever version of these for certain contains organic tungsten/wolfram Vaderbilt VANLUBE W-324.

Does this RAVENOL VSE 0w20 VW Blue Oil have organic tungsten/wolfram? Specifically, "amines, bis (C11-14-branched and linear alkyl), tungstates" CAS-No.: 1159919-46-6. How do VSE, EHS, DFE, EFS, and EcoSynth ECS in 0w20 grade compare (these are the only 0w20 grades available for sale)? I just want to purchase whatever version of these for certain contains organic tungsten/wolfram Vaderbilt VANLUBE W-324.
Compare how? And what does a tungsten based component to the oil get you that’s better than some other additive?

Ravenol ECS 0W-20 has a good dose of W/Tungsten, while Ravenol VSE 0W-20 doesn't.
If I remember correctly it's something like 250 ppm of W for ECS and that's likely part of
Vanderbilt's Vanlube W-324 package but even VOAs won't reveal that for certain.

Back