Ravenol varieties

It looks like the DXG would be the most appropriate:

That is, assuming you are looking for one with PAO as the primary base.

It looks like the DXG would be the most appropriate:

That is, assuming you are looking for one with PAO as the primary base.
Any thoughts about the most appropriate with 'more synthetic' base?--BTW, thanks for your insights.

Any thoughts about the most appropriate with 'more synthetic' base?--BTW, thanks for your insights.
That's the one, the DXG, it has the "most" synthetic in the base oil blend for an oil with the appropriate approvals for your application (SP).

I had an interest in Ravenol a few years ago when I was looking for "the best oil" because it looks so **** good on paper but:
1. It is expensive and difficult to get. Ravenol said they were going to import DXG to the US and never did.
2. There was some ballyhoo with respect to QC with a couple Russian oil forum posts where an analysis of what was in the bottle did not appear to be what Ravenol claimed is in the bottle. Now of course, who the hell knows what really happened, but in light of #1 above, it just became too much work.
3. Then I came full circle when I realized as good as Ravenol looks on paper it really isn't any better than cheaper and more readily available oils sitting on the shelf at Walmart or O'Reilly's that meet whichever spec you need.

I had an interest in Ravenol a few years ago when I was looking for "the best oil" because it looks so **** good on paper but:
1. It is expensive and difficult to get. Ravenol said they were going to import DXG to the US and never did.
2. There was some ballyhoo with respect to QC with a couple Russian oil forum posts where an analysis of what was in the bottle did not appear to be what Ravenol claimed is in the bottle. Now of course, who the hell knows what really happened, but in light of #1 above, it just became too much work.
3. Then I came full circle when I realized as good as Ravenol looks on paper it really isn't any better than cheaper and more readily available oils sitting on the shelf at Walmart or O'Reilly's that meet whichever spec you need.
When on sale through Blauparts, it really isn't expensive. On the Russian stuff, I posted in one of those threads, it looked like they had tested a previous version of the product (or what was in the bottle was the old version) while the PDS was for the new version. I posted some snaps of both at the time.

When on sale through Blauparts, it really isn't expensive. On the Russian stuff, I posted in one of those threads, it looked like they had tested a previous version of the product (or what was in the bottle was the old version) while the PDS was for the new version. I posted some snaps of both at the time.
Did they ever import DXG to the US? A couple years ago I emailed them and they said they expected a shipment in 6 months and when emailed them again they said sorry they decided not to import DXG to the US.

While appropriate for a toy car or just for fun.. I'd take M1 EP at half that price. (or 2$ PP lol)

Now for a specific track car an argument might be made, but then you have oils such as motul 300V

Certainly a 2.7L kia highway commuting I'd be using 20$ /5qt syn..

But hey go for it Oil is really a minimal cost compared to many others.

While appropriate for a toy car or just for fun.. I'd take M1 EP at half that price. (or 2$ PP lol)

Now for a specific track car an argument might be made, but then you have oils such as motul 300V

Certainly a 2.7L kia highway commuting I'd be using 20$ /5qt syn..

But hey go for it Oil is really a minimal cost compared to many others.
Yeah, I have used Valvoline, Napa; Experimenting with some others; Have used Schaeffer's (9000) most recently; just kind of an experiment--not necessarily making a decision based on $.

Would appreciate some input (and suggestions for my application) on the many Ravenol 5w30.
There are so many different varieties (VMP, SMP FDS, DXG, HLS, HCL, FO, HPX: https://oilguide.ravenol.de/?lang=en&selectedType=9ed542f6f2bd8b9f64c482ddcbef73fc

Which is best for a passenger car doing mostly highway commuting (Kia 2.7 V6).
Thanks for any help and insights with Ravenol.

I'm not familar with the requirements of your Kia 2.7 V6, however both
VMP and DXG are highest quality stuff among those you listed. Which
one of them to chose depends on the HTHS needs of your engine.
VMP is HTHS 3.7 while DXG is HTHS of just 3.1 mPas. Lower HTHS saves
fuel, while higher HTHS saves engines. To be fair, higher HTHS tends to
reduce wear if the engine demands for it. Some engines are happy with
a 2.X mPas HTHS - so it highly depends.

Ravenol DXG is certainly not intended to be used in a decated track vehicle.
Far from it. VMP would be better suited and actually is used in racing just like
REP, RSP, RUP, RCS, RSS etc.:

I find it interesting to see that several teams use RUP (VW 511 00/Porsche C40
approved) in their 2.0 TSI EA888 3G powered cars, proving that super highish
ZDDP levels don't seem to be necessary or perhaps not even beneficial . . . .

I'm not familar with the requirements of your Kia 2.7 V6, however both
VMP and DXG are highest quality stuff among those you listed. Which
one of them to chose depends on the HTHS needs of your engine.
VMP is HTHS 3.7 while DXG is HTHS of just 3.1 mPas. Lower HTHS saves
fuel, while higher HTHS saves engines. To be fair, higher HTHS tends to
reduce wear if the engine demands for it. Some engines are happy with
a 2.X mPas HTHS - so it highly depends.

Ravenol DXG is certainly not intended to be used in a decated track vehicle.
Far from it. VMP would be better suited and actually is used in racing just like
REP, RSP, RUP, RCS, RSS etc.:

I find it interesting to see that several teams use RUP (VW 511 00/Porsche C40
approved) in their 2.0 TSI EA888 3G powered cars, proving that super highish
ZDDP levels don't seem to be necessary or perhaps not even beneficial . . . .
Appreciate your insights!

Back