Ravenol DXG

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SDS is not a formula sheet, and this is German oil that says "vollsynthetisch" so that means that it's probably primarily PAO as the base oil.
I understand that, but I do like to view them. For the difficultly of locating one I wanted to see it even more.

No Problem if you dont speak Frankfurter, i could assure you that some people over here speak Hamburger. ;)

EDIT: German Homepage of Ravenol states that this oil is "Vollsynthetisch", PAO Based. If a oil is labeld this way in germany, it must have at least 80% PAO in it according to german law. Buy with confidence.

Last edited:
No Problem if you dont speak Frankfurter, i could assure you that some people over here speak Hamburger. ;)

EDIT: German Homepage of Ravenol states that this oil is "Vollsynthetisch", PAO Based. If a oil is labeld this way in germany, it must have at least 80% PAO in it according to german law. Buy with confidence.
IIRC it's >75% synthetic base stocks (I posted it at one point after finally finding it) which of course also includes POE and AN's. Basically, anything Group IV and up.

Trying to find an SDS or more detailed information about this oil.

The US site says to contact the German site, and they don't list an SDS. I don't speak Frankfurter so I don't know if emailing them will yield anything. Anyone out there have any data?

Edit - I did find one but it's well designed not to say much - https://cdn.autoersatzteile.de/uploads/hazard/passports/8211326-en-1.pdf

Given that the oil is >75% Group IV+, the SDS isn't really going to tell you anything beyond that. AN's and POE aren't typically called out on SDS sheets so all you'd likely see is PAO.

Trying to find an SDS or more detailed information about this oil.

The US site says to contact the German site, and they don't list an SDS. I don't speak Frankfurter so I don't know if emailing them will yield anything. Anyone out there have any data?

Edit - I did find one but it's well designed not to say much - https://cdn.autoersatzteile.de/uploads/hazard/passports/8211326-en-1.pdf

Of more interest to me is the Technical Product Data which includes the specs: Ravenol DXG SAE 5W-30

HTH

We can have a BBQ together soon.

I think this will be my next oil for the Cruze, and then moving to something higher SAPS for the Veloster since its NA and port injected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back