Rav 0W-20 or 5W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am changing my girlfriends sisters oil the cap says either way. she won't have the oil changed again for six months Decemberish. what should i go with ?

Really and truly ANY 0W-20 or 5w-20 would work just fine. I'm a little more partial to Mobil 1, but Pennzoil makes outstanding oil too. Take your pick...

Originally Posted By: toyota62
Mobil1 0w-20.Keep your engine nice and clean.

That's been the case with my engines.

Napa synthetic (both 0w20 and 5w20) are on sale this month for $3.49 a quart....hard to beat...

If you have a Menard's nearby, they have QSUD 0W-20 (and 5W-20) on sale for $3/quart after store credit mail-in rebate. Just used it in a 2013 Fit. Can't beat that price for a full synthetic 0W-20.
smile.gif
I'd use the 0W-20 unless you can't find it, personally.

Originally Posted By: Samf333
I am changing my girlfriends sisters oil the cap says either way. she won't have the oil changed again for six months Decemberish. what should i go with ?

1. Go to Toyota dealership and buy TGMO 0W-20 and a filter.
2. Impress on girlfriend how much you want to make sure her sister gets the best.
3. Bask in the afterglow.

:)

They're both magically delicious...

Seriously, either vis will work without a perceived difference.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gaijinnv

2. Impress on girlfriend how much you want to make sure her sister gets the best.

The obvious and best suggestion considering this is a Toyota and no other engine oil is in the same league for the price.

I wish my local Toyota shop would sell it for a decent price. They want $8.49/qt and won't sell in anything but single qt sizes.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Originally Posted By: gaijinnv

The obvious and best suggestion considering this is a Toyota and no other engine oil is in the same league for the price.

Shop around to other Toyota and Lexus dealers then shame your local dealer with his price gouging.
And since TGMO is now supplied in on bulk to dealers ask the parts guy for a price on filling a couple of 5 quart jugs for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back